Fender American Original 60s Telecaster Custom: Sunburst or Lake Placid Blue

the_lawyer

Reaction score
Hi Folks! I placed an order for this guitar. Should arrive around April or May. The question I have: Which of these two colours would you choose and why....?

E8522574-5B35-46E0-B8D0-82A8D8C2A715.jpeg
1CF2AD6A-AEBB-41A6-8251-EAAAACFD9842.jpeg

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks! I placed an order for this guitar. Should arrive around April or May. The question I have: Which of these two colours would you choose and why....?

View attachment 524756 View attachment 524757
LPB. I just have a thing for Fender custom colors.

These are great guitars. I'll think you'll love it. I had a Fiesta Red one, but replaced it with a Burgundy Mist.

Rob H.

Reaction score
LPB looks especially good on a Tele

peobryant

Reaction score
Of those two colors, Lake Placid Blue. I think Telecasters look better in solid colors, two or three tone sunburst belongs on a Strat, in my opinion.

RocketKing

Reaction score
Nice either way but I agree with @bossaddict, custom colors look great on Fenders. And lake placid blue is a very nice finish

PaulHikeS2

Reaction score
I also like the LPB better, but with a maple fretboard. For some reason I prefer that on most Fenders.

integra evan

Reaction score
Both are really nice! But my choice of the two is sunburst. I just think double bound Sunbursts look so cool, and I really like the way they look in person. Pictures never do them justice.

Foo for Thought

Reaction score
Tough call, they both look great. Shots of the back of the burst would be helpful. LPB with a rosewood fretboard is hard to beat.

BramptonRob1958

Reaction score
I love the burst, but my favourite burst is on my Eric Johnson Virginia Strat so my view is jaded. But if I didn’t have the Strat, it would be indeed a very tough call. I’m actually very much a traditionalist but I’ve found as I get older I like a little colour.

the_lawyer

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the input! I will keep you updated. In the first place I hope Fender will send any 60s teles to Europe this spring at all....
Regarding the colour: I will take that one that will be shipped first!

the_lawyer

Reaction score
I think it‘s funny how almost everybody prefers LPB....

I thought the main intention of the double binding is to mimic the look of a classic semi-hollowbody guitar, so the sunburst finish makes sense at least to me. School me if I talk bs.

Decades ago I owned a MiJ Tele custom in candy apple red and somehow it seemed not right in some strange nerdy way....

Latest Threads