Fender '62 American Vintage Reissue "Thin Skin" Telecaster

ErictheRed

Reaction score
Fender Limited Edition Wildwood Dealer Select "Thin Skin" American Vintage Reissue 1962 Telecaster in beautiful Lake Placid blue.

Just a wonderful example of a Telecaster: I've gone through a few, and kept this one because she was my favorite. Unfortunately GAS never ends, and I'm only selling to fund a Mayones Regius Core, so no trade offers unless you have one.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg

I honestly think that these Wildwood Thin Skin reissues are the best that Fender makes, with the exception of some very expensive custom shop guitars. They are only made special order for Wildwood Guitars in Colorado, kind of half Fender Custom Shop and half regular Fender. They combine the very best of vintage and modern guitars: the body and electronics are all American Vintage Reissue spec, but with Fender Custom Shop pickups and a nitrocellulose finish (like Gibson still uses) instead of polyurethane. That's where the "Thin Skin" comes from, and it ages beautifully (see pictures). The neck and frets are modern spec: thin C-shape, 9.5" radius board, and medium jumbo frets. So vintage looks and sound with more modern playability = perfect!

I will add that this is one of the most thin necks that I've ever seen on a Telecaster, almost like a shredder. It plays extremely fast and the back is very smooth because of the finish. If you like thin necks, this is the one for you.

These photos are new pictures of the actual guitar, taken by my sister who is super into photography. It's in fantastic condition and the finish is starting to show some of the checking that makes these Thin Skin guitars age so beautifully.

Priced at $1,550 shipped, Paypal'd, and insured to your door (CONUS).

Local pickup available within an hour or two of Santa Cruz county, CA.

Last edited:

ErictheRed

Reaction score
Bump! I almost ordered a Mayones Regius the other day, but really want to sell some gear first...

ErictheRed

Reaction score
Bump. I may decide to keep this and sell my '54 AVRI Thin Skin Stratocaster instead. I go back and forth on which one to keep and which to sell, but I'd like to sell one to fund a custom Mayones Regius Core.

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
Bump. I may decide to keep this and sell my '54 AVRI Thin Skin Stratocaster instead. I go back and forth on which one to keep and which to sell, but I'd like to sell one to fund a custom Mayones Regius Core.
Keep this. Bump though.

ErictheRed

Reaction score
I think I just sold it (guy is coming out today) for $1,500 local. I was leaning towards keeping this and selling the Strat instead, though...I'm actually torn!

ErictheRed

Reaction score
I'm okay with selling it, and will probably let the Strat go as well. I bought a new Mayones Regius Core and used Suhr Modern Pro, so I'm not too sad!

ErictheRed

Reaction score
Sold for $1,550 cash locally, the buyer didn't even haggle, he just played it and took it! Really a great guitar, oh well. I'm sure I'll be in the market for some kind of Telecaster again one day.

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
Thank goodness.....when I clicked on this today, I thought "please let it be gone".....as I was logging into paypal on another screen.

ErictheRed

Reaction score
They're really great guitars (all of the Wildwood Thin Skin guitars are). I honestly think they're the highest-end Fenders available, outside of the Custom Shop.

Latest Threads