Feeler for OTPG pups F/S

pnksntdead

Reaction score
I used to have a double cream set that I sold here earlier this year. Great looking pickups.

jamman

Reaction score
I did see a set on eBay about 3 months ago, they had a stupid BIN of $700 and when I went to count beans, they disappeared within minutes.

I have no idea if they were sold, I'd suspect they were pulled for the obvious Typo!

I'd think Typo or something else . Doesn't sound rigth to me . I didn't see it , so ????? who knows

Most people can't afford to spend over 1G on pickups & figure you won't respond to offers in that ballpark. Unfortunately the economy still sucks, money is tight all over & the holidays are fast approaching. Sadly the market on these peaked quite some time ago. Not going to see prices like that again anytime soon I'm afraid. :(

I disagree ,The market for the best is always there .IMO , OTPG made the best PAF clones of any I played . Closer to the real deal Vintage than anyone elses I've tried.
Last Year i sold My other set of OTPG pups here At close to my asking price . Rare is what it is and I still believe there is a Market for these (no one is going to give them away for $300)

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/member-classifieds/208146-fs-otpg-pickups.html
It took 3 days to sell them that time. There was a time when these didn't last 1 day

Most people can't afford to buy an Historic RI , But Gibson still sells a lot of them.
I sold My 2013 R0 and it was resold after being but up for sale in 1 hour or less . it's still listed at MGL . People still have money to spend , when they want to .

JPP373

Reaction score
Hey Jammy you are right...was a day when a set of these didn't last an Hour. Very Rare and Tonal Bliss. Would you happen to have or can post an Audio Clip..

zepsongs

Reaction score
I disagree ,The market for the best is always there .IMO , OTPG made the best PAF clones of any I played . Closer to the real deal Vintage than anyone elses I've tried.
Last Year i sold My other set of OTPG pups here At close to my asking price . Rare is what it is and I still believe there is a Market for these (no one is going to give them away for $300)

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/member-classifieds/208146-fs-otpg-pickups.html
It took 3 days to sell them that time. There was a time when these didn't last 1 day

Most people can't afford to buy an Historic RI , But Gibson still sells a lot of them.
I sold My 2013 R0 and it was resold after being but up for sale in 1 hour or less . it's still listed at MGL . People still have money to spend , when they want to .

:thumbs: For some of the best PAF cones out there. Just to clarify what I was saying, I was responding to your surprise that no on even made you an offer. IMO I believe that most people tend to cut back on spending as the holidays approach, especially on themselves. Gotta leave something for the Misses to get you! :laugh2:

Now tax return season & summer bonus time is when people have the $$ to splurge!! :D

Quill

Reaction score
Would you happen to have or can post an Audio Clip..

Jamman, these have to be the pickups you featured in the PAF Shoot-out you did. Yes? There's an audio clip of them there.

You can tell which ones are the OTPGs fairly easily ... just by listening ... it's a painful truth, but it's the truth. They were the ones that sounded ... oh, I hate to say it ... all the pickups in that shoot-out sounded good, really good ...

But the OTPGs were the ones that sounded great.

jamman

Reaction score
:thumbs: For some of the best PAF cones out there. Just to clarify what I was saying, I was responding to your surprise that no on even made you an offer. IMO I believe that most people tend to cut back on spending as the holidays approach, especially on themselves. Gotta leave something for the Misses to get you! :laugh2:

Now tax return season & summer bonus time is when people have the $$ to splurge!! :D

I understood exactly what you were saying .:thumb: My reply still stands .

Jamman, these have to be the pickups you featured in the PAF Shoot-out you did. Yes? There's an audio clip of them there.

You can tell which ones are the OTPGs fairly easily ... just by listening ... it's a painful truth, but it's the truth. They were the ones that sounded ... oh, I hate to say it ... all the pickups in that shoot-out sounded good, really good ...

But the OTPGs were the ones that sounded great.

I really don't remember(off-hand) which set I used in the Shoot-Out . I need to take the Ohms readings of these pups to be 100% sure . I do know that this set , which I bought Un-used from Billy was a lower -output set and had the type of sound I like more . (which is why I didn't put them up first)

Agree Quill , great pickups .

Sorry , I'm not making a video to sell these . The #16 video is the OTPG video in the Shoot-Out , if anyone care to take a listen . You'll get the idea .

DADGAD

Reaction score
What's the DC on these bad boys? are they AL5's? I'm not familiar with the details on OTPG.

jamman

Reaction score
What's the DC on these bad boys? are they AL5's? I'm not familiar with the details on OTPG.

Great Timing . I just took these pics and Ohms reading .
I got 7.80 for the neck and 8.32 for the bridge . i don't know what magnets were used , but I doubt they are AL 5's . From what I remember about how they sound , they don't have an AL5 tone .

fretboarder

Reaction score
Ive got some of these in my 59 replica and they sound bloody great! amazing infact..

Someone with the cash will totally love these pick ups they are that great!!

freebyrd 69

Reaction score

Just to clarify, it's really bad etiquette to come on someone's FS thread and make comments about why nobody is or has bought them, or what the market is on these. He has been extremely gracious in his responses.

We are pretty smart people here, and can all figure out economics 101 with the Holiday season and such.

Jammers...nice pups, and well worth the asking price! GLWS.

zepsongs

Reaction score
Just to clarify, it's really bad etiquette to come on someone's FS thread and make comments about why nobody is or has bought them, or what the market is on these. He has been extremely gracious in his responses. We are pretty smart people here, and can all figure out economics 101 with the Holiday season and such. Jammers...nice pups, and well worth the asking price! GLWS.

My response was not unsolicited. He posted an open question & I answered. Speaking of bad etiquette however, no one asked you anything. If you have an opinion, that's what PMs are for. Forum 101. :D

jamman

Reaction score
Hey guys , I have no problem with Zepsongs posts in this my thread . It's all good . I did pose a question , rhetorical, but still a question . I have no problem talking about that is relevant to the thread .

It bumped the thread up anyway and i felt no disrespect from him and i hope he felt none from me . As none was intended. I feel both our points are vaild . Just looked at from different angles .:thumb:

zepsongs

Reaction score
Hey guys , I have no problem with Zepsongs posts in this my thread . It's all good . I did pose a question , rhetorical, but still a question . I have no problem talking about that is relevant to the thread .

It bumped the thread up anyway and i felt no disrespect from him and i hope he felt none from me . As none was intended. I feel both our points are vaild . Just looked at from different angles .:thumb:

My thoughts exactly, couldn't have said it better myself. Bump for a good guy & some stupendous pickups. :thumb:

Latest Threads