Favorite performance of a rock song

specflec

Reaction score
+1 for Don't Get Fooled Again. And I would say that the Who has not maintained as big a public presence as the Stones or others, but we all can recognize and sing along with many of their tunes. Great playing and, for the day, really good recordings.

LPV

Reaction score
Anything off of the white album.

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Voodoo Child (Slight Return) any version

My Generation - Live at Leeds, The Who (with 'Sparks', 'See Me...)

Ramble On - Zep... any version

Thats the Way - Zep ... any version

No Quarter - Zep ... any version

Midnight Rambler - Stones... any version

One Way Out... ABB

Lost Woman - James Gang... Live Carnegie Hall

River

Reaction score
Rock & Roll by Led Zeppelin all performances are great
Yeah, and when it was the opening of a live show, your breath was taken away. Still didn't quite equal, for me, opening with Immigrant Song...

I want to throw Summertime Blues from Live at Leeds out there.

LPJones

Reaction score
Blue Öyster Cult - "(Don't Fear) The Reaper"- 1976 - Agents of Fortune

radicalcon

Reaction score
On the subject of the Who, I htink that their performance of See Me, Feel Me as Woodstock was pretty awsome as well. At lot less polished than the studio version, much more raw. And with two kick ass solos to boot! Possibly one of the heaviest Who pieces I remember hearing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuVffu0YCa8]See Me, Feel Me- The Who[/ame]

AmazingJourney

Reaction score
On the subject of the Who, I htink that their performance of See Me, Feel Me as Woodstock was pretty awsome as well. At lot less polished than the studio version, much more raw. And with two kick ass solos to boot! Possibly one of the heaviest Who pieces I remember hearing.

See Me, Feel Me- The Who

I agree for the most part, and I'm still trying to learn Tommy from start to finish. My favorite is the Amazing Journey / Sparks from "Live at Leeds"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5Owf_cQwPw&feature=related]YouTube - Sparks - The Who (Live At Leeds)[/ame]

Nicky

On The Road Less Traveled
Reaction score
Hey Jude, as recorded at Trident Studios and released as a video which was first shown in the US on the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour on October 6, 1968.

You Can't Always Get What You Want - The Stones recorded it about 6 months after the Beatles' Hey Jude. It's a brilliant story about the rise and fall of the 60s decade.

You've Got To Hide Your Love Away - beautiful ballad by the early Beatles - perfect in its form, musicality, simplicity and brevity. Plus, they paid a musician £6 to play the flute part in the last refrain.

Jupa

Reaction score
Too many to name. Two that come to mind:

Guns N' Roses - Knockin' On Heavens Door
Tesla - Mama's Fool

Latest Threads