Favorite Distortion?

jrkhav

Reaction score
Hey, guys! What's your favorite distortion/drive pedal and why? I'll start. I'll always have a soft spot for my trusty orange Boss DS-1, as she was my first. Bought because Cobain used one.

Wampler Plexi Drive Deluxe. Ran through a ton of different overdrives and this ended up being my favorite of them all. Has a regular drive section and then essentially a clean boost section. Sounds awesome, classic rock/blues tone in spades.

KS 5150

Reaction score
My vintage MXR Distortion + . I also have a Friedman BE-OD that's a keeper :thumb:

frater106

Reaction score
I’ve kind of always wanted a Distortion + after hearing that PJ Harvey used one.

Last edited:

cybermgk

“Happiness is the most insidious prison of all"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Kay, this is taken from the following point of view, using these pedals for dirt and drive on a clean Amplifier. This is what I used them for, back when I had a large dirt pedal board, and ran them through a few Amps set to clean. Sold them off when I went Kemper and Axe.

Wampler Euphoria - A Dumble-esque pedal. TO me it was also one of the most versatile pedals in this vein. If I had had to get rid of all my pedals and have just one for the above scenario, it would have been this.

Fulltone Plimsoul - Great at getting Marshall tones, and feeling like an amp

Mesa Boogie Throttle Drive - Had this to get the Mesa Tone on that Deluxe Reverb, and it did. High Gain use, is where it shined

Wampler Slostortion - I do love the Soldano Slo tone. This pedal hits that tone so well. Very versatile pedal as well.

Last edited:

elephantrider

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
this one.

20210825_121352.jpg

Deftone

Reaction score
I've always had good results with my EH Metal Muff, and I prefer the Nano. I sometimes use an MXR 6 band eq in front of the MM. It's heavy but not over the top. Very organic.

I had an original RAT bought new in '87. Compared it to the MM and sold the RAT.

Deftone

Reaction score
FWIW, I bought a REVV G3 blue a few months back but I have never bonded with it. The online reviews all sounded fantastic but I have not had the same results.

frater106

Reaction score
FWIW, I bought a REVV G3 blue a few months back but I have never bonded with it. The online reviews all sounded fantastic but I have not had the same results.
I've been interested in those. What don't you like about them?

kelsodeez

Reaction score
I have a boss multi effects pedal but I use it mostly for the metalzone mt-2. Love me some good crunchy tones

Latest Threads