Fastening Wah Pedal to home made Pedal Board.

Toogy

Reaction score
I made my first Pedal Board last night and now I'm wondering how I fasten my wah pedal to it. It is just basically a piece of wood and was planning on using velcro, but how does the pedal attach because the bottom of it isn't flat, it has those four rubber feet on the bottom.
So how are you guys attaching your wah pedals to your boards?

Thanks

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
you should be able to remove those rubber feet. I did that on several pedals. That, or you can get a small piece of wood and place it within the rubber feet (like an extra bottom) and use that.

barrydjuptight

Reaction score
Take the rubber feet off, screws back in > velcro.

You could fasten a thin strip of wood to the board under where you want the wah to go to raise the height then add velcro to that if you really don't want to take the feet off......but it's easier to just remove the feet :)

fatb0t

Reaction score
I generally take the wah wah off the pedal board and put it right next to it when I'm playing live. It has better stability this way I find...

JMV

Reaction score
I did take the feet off of mine and put the screws back in, but you'll likely notice that the bottom is loose without the rubber feet (the screws don't go down deep enough).

My solution: use small, thin washers in place of the rubber feet. The metal plate bottom will be secure and they are flat enough for you to attach the pedal to your board with velcro. :thumb:

Toogy

Reaction score
Here is my first pedal board btw, I plan on making a matching top for it as well.

board1.jpg

5er driver

Reaction score
I took the screws and bottom plates off all my pedals, tapped the screw holes to take machine screws, and then screwed the pedals onto the board. The pic of the bottom was taken before I finished up the wiring.

DSC01236.jpg

DSC01245.jpg

Splattle101

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Here is my first pedal board btw, I plan on making a matching top for it as well.

board1.jpg
Here's what I last tried, and this solution has worked for 7 years, which is the best so far.

Take the screws out of the rubber feet (put the feet away and keep them). Get two short pieces of wood, about 20 x 10 mm and cut them so their length is equivalent to the WIDTH of the pedal. You now have two feet instead of four, each foot as wide as the pedal (a bit like those wooden shoes the Japanese used to make :cool:). Using the pedal base as a template, mark out where the screws should go. Drill with an appropriate bit. Now counter sink the holes using an appropriate larger bit, so that the screws can get far enough in so that:

1. their heads no longer protrude from the base (i.e., the feet are now flat on the bottom :thumb:); and
2. they have enough bite to stay in the pedal.

You can now put your velcro on the base of the new feet, and stick it on your board. Rock fuckin' solid.

Jackson50

Reaction score
That's just a stronger velcro. The OP is looking for different methods of mounting.

Actually the OP was asking about attaching his wha to the board. What I did: I removed the 4 rubber feet, bought shorter screws for the bottom plate then used Dual lock to attach the pedal to the board, BTW Dual Lock is not just stonger velcro, you can actually lift the board by holding the pedal, it works great!

P.S. Phaser before OD and Distortion... i like that :thumb:

Lemonhead

Reaction score
Actually the OP was asking about attaching his wha to the board. What I did: I removed the 4 rubber feet, bought shorter screws for the bottom plate then used Dual lock to attach the pedal to the board, BTW Dual Lock is not just stonger velcro, you can actually lift the board by holding the pedal, it works great!

P.S. Phaser before OD and Distortion... i like that :thumb:

Gotcha.

I tried the phaser both before and after the distortion, and it sounds the best before. Way too much swoosh when it's after.

jomo

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Welcome Spooryam spam dude!! :laugh2:

BOBBO

Banned
Reaction score
Back when I had a wah on my board , I would just take off the feet and put velcro on the bottom base plate :thumb:

2007_09150007.jpg

ehamady6

Reaction score
I hate using velcro on any part of my pedalboard so I lock my wah and rotovibe pedals down using a couple 6-32 3/8” screws from underneath and through the pedalboard, then through the pedal’s rubber feet into the pedal. Of course the thickness of the pedalboard must be factored in when determining the screw length. The screws are available at any hardware store.

I know this thread was started in 2009 but figured that it may help members today as well.

Latest Threads