Fast food Burger Smackdown! Who's burger is the best?

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
NOPE!

Gave these up years ago. All forms of Fast Food Burgers and such.

Only burgers at home. Usually Whole Foods Chop Meat. A bit more expensive, but we LOVE every bite!

Last night we had 'em on fresh Poppy Rolls with good American Cheese. How could anyone eat a FF burger after that? LOL

Health issues made this the better policy for me. And I find it way better anyway!

No Regrets!
That's a great answer when you are at home. But that isn't always the case. Home made will always be the best.

Sharky

Reaction score
Went to a Carl's Jr in the early 90's while in Cali. Didn't find anything appealing about it.

since Burger culture wasn't more than McD, BK and a few Wendy's over here in Germany back in the 90s, Carl's jr. was enlightening for me when I stayed in AZ skydiving a few times. I loved the Carl's jr. back then and prefered it over all the other places there

NRBQ

Reaction score
This thread is so old she may be starting to turn. Oh well, I have to work this morning so I'm going to up and R U N N O F T, say hi to Mrs. Hogwaller for me.

Scooter2112

Reaction score
Makes sense then why they tasted similar. We don't have CJ in the Midwest.

Mike's_LP

Reaction score
Five Guys is the best chain around here, not that I'm complaining! Wendy's is the only one I might consider of the "Big Three", but I haven't been to one in years... Just passed by a new Smash Burger the other day, might have to check it out.

PRCJ

Reaction score
Carl's Jr is the best thing going here. McD's and BK are the only other choices.

In the States, I'd just go to a diner for my burger needs.

LPMarshall Hack

Reaction score
Anybody who doesn't like a McDonald's cheeseburger needs to be fought to the death.

kakerlak

Reaction score
In the interest of comedy, that I'm sure you guys can appreciate, I'll share one of my amusing idiosyncrasies:

I've been a vegetarian for about 10yrs, for reasons of health.

Periodically, (rarely, actually) I grab a fast food burger when I'm out running errands.

I gotta say, the Bacon King from BK totally delivers! I can actually feel the hardening of my arteries as I eat it!

Delicious...

All things in moderation :thumb:

LOL, I've been veggie since 2003. Your BK diet-buster is funny, since they're basically the only big chain offering veggie burgers.

I'm surprised there aren't more Texas folks in here hollering about Whataburger (I wish they made a veggie burger -- I miss that salty-ass ketchup!)

Let's talk burger construction:
I'm a firm believer that the proper way to build a burger is bun-cheese-patty-(everything else)-bun. I hate burgers with a bunch of stuff stacked in there w/ the cheese, especially condiments, making a slimy mess of things. Whataburger was like the only chain building burgers right. My dad used to go get a bunch of burgers from random fast food places and then stick them in the fridge to eat over the next day or so (he wasn't fat, but there's a reason my dad died of a heart attack at 55, lol). Anyway, we discovered that Wendy's cheese would liquefy underneath the onions after a few hours in the fridge. Like, you'd open up the burger and there'd be these rings of straight-up water-thin cheese where each onion had been touching it. So, not sure what their "cheese" consists of.

THDNUT

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ate a "Big Mac" a couple of days ago. It sucked big time.

The meat patties were 2 1/2" in diameter and Micky Dees has the nerve to call it a "Big" mac. :laugh2:

Never again. :facepalm:

Sharky

Reaction score
Micky Dees has the nerve to call it a "Big" mac. :laugh2:

common practice here in Germany. No one compares sizes, weights and so on. Everybody compares prices though. Easiest way to raise prices without raising them is to sell less for the same money.

Happens every day with everything you can think of here and since I have the time and hate the fact they are doing this, I do compare weights, sizes, ingredients, percentages. There's a good reason those are printed very small on the packs

Tone deaf

Reaction score
LOL, I've been veggie since 2003. Your BK diet-buster is funny, since they're basically the only big chain offering veggie burgers.

I'm surprised there aren't more Texas folks in here hollering about Whataburger (I wish they made a veggie burger -- I miss that salty-ass ketchup!)

Let's talk burger construction:
I'm a firm believer that the proper way to build a burger is bun-cheese-patty-(everything else)-bun. I hate burgers with a bunch of stuff stacked in there w/ the cheese, especially condiments, making a slimy mess of things. Whataburger was like the only chain building burgers right. My dad used to go get a bunch of burgers from random fast food places and then stick them in the fridge to eat over the next day or so (he wasn't fat, but there's a reason my dad died of a heart attack at 55, lol). Anyway, we discovered that Wendy's cheese would liquefy underneath the onions after a few hours in the fridge. Like, you'd open up the burger and there'd be these rings of straight-up water-thin cheese where each onion had been touching it. So, not sure what their "cheese" consists of.

I like messy burgers, not the mess itself, but I like stuff on my burger that makes them messy. I love the Shake Shack smoke shack (has cherry peppers, bacon and sauce in it). At home, I go with ketchup, mustard, sweet relish and sriracha or a stack of banana peppers.

Latest Threads