Fast food Burger Smackdown! Who's burger is the best?

NRBQ

Reaction score

NRBQ

Reaction score
I had to laugh at the Burger King moment, the lady says, "this is cat food" bout fell out on that one. And the Carl's Jr. moment, the guy says "this burger is sad, it's like they just gave up" classic. Their evaluations are very interesting to say the least. So is their top choice.

Drew71

Reaction score
Everyone knew which was the McDonald's burger. I liked the comment "It's like Nike, it's branded"..."engineered, they ALL taste the same"...

sk8rat

Reaction score
in-n-out sucks

sonic is way better

have neither locally

five guys is alright

xxx root beer is also alright

as long as the have good fries and tarter sauce I don't really mind

Drew71

Reaction score
in-n-out sucks

sonic is way better

have neither locally

five guys is alright

xxx root beer is also alright

as long as the have good fries and tarter sauce I don't really mind

XXX Rootbeer? The one in Issaquah? If so, not a big fan of it. Red Mill has to be one of the top burgers I have ever ate...

LtDave32

I'm walkin' on sunshine
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Recently.....

Five Guys a Burgers and a Fries has been on the tasty side....:)

I'm going to have to say that Five Guys trumps In n Out. So far, it's the best I've had from a chain.

The whole Five Guys experience is a superior one to most chains. No bullshit "explosion of color" picture menus ( a serious peeve of mine), just plain print of what it is you're getting.

All the peanuts you want. Just grab a "boat" of them, or ask for a sack and fill 'er up.

..and those cajun fries.. hooo, boy. Perfect amount of seasoning. Yum.

Drew71

Reaction score
I'm going to have to say that Five Guys trumps In n Out. So far, it's the best I've had from a chain.

The whole Five Guys experience is a superior one to most chains. No bullshit "explosion of color" picture menus ( a serious peeve of mine), just plain print of what it is you're getting.

All the peanuts you want. Just grab a "boat" of them, or ask for a sack and fill 'er up.

..and those cajun fries.. hooo, boy. Perfect amount of seasoning. Yum.

Agreed. Of the choices presented, Five Guys.

KP11520

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
NOPE!

Gave these up years ago. All forms of Fast Food Burgers and such.

Only burgers at home. Usually Whole Foods Chop Meat. A bit more expensive, but we LOVE every bite!

Last night we had 'em on fresh Poppy Rolls with good American Cheese. How could anyone eat a FF burger after that? LOL

Health issues made this the better policy for me. And I find it way better anyway!

No Regrets!

Angus1968

Reaction score
As a self confessed burger addict, all I can say is you guys in the USA are so lucky to have all the choices you do. In poor ole Australia, we get Burger King and McDonalds. When I travelled over there, I spent about 3 weeks and reckon I had junk food every day. It was almost like drive around the corner and "hey, another chain Burger store! Better try it out".

I love em all - even McDonalds but that is pretty bad. My favourite place has to be Jonny Rockets though - those milkshakes are brilliant. The other one I liked was Ruby's Diner.

sk8rat

Reaction score
XXX Rootbeer? The one in Issaquah? If so, not a big fan of it. Red Mill has to be one of the top burgers I have ever ate...

yeah, the first time I went it was crazy good. the last time I went it wasn't as good. it probably depends who's working.

even though dicks burgers aren't that good, I still think they are good haha

Davio

Alchemist Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Chain Burger: Our local Dairy Queen

Best Burger ever: Gilligan's in Fort Walton Florida. The one both the wife and I compare all other burgers to for many years.

zendriveseven

Reaction score
Chain Burger: Our local Dairy Queen

Best Burger ever: Gilligan's in Fort Walton Florida. The one both the wife and I compare all other burgers to for many years.

Second on DQ. Smash burger is pretty good too.

I have a 5 guys and sonic near me and rarely go. Both are very overrated.

Captain Howdy

Reaction score
As a self confessed burger addict, all I can say is you guys in the USA are so lucky to have all the choices you do. In poor ole Australia, we get Burger King and McDonalds. When I travelled over there, I spent about 3 weeks and reckon I had junk food every day. It was almost like drive around the corner and "hey, another chain Burger store! Better try it out".

I love em all - even McDonalds but that is pretty bad. My favourite place has to be Jonny Rockets though - those milkshakes are brilliant. The other one I liked was Ruby's Diner.
Depends on where you live mate. Here in Melbourne, we aren't just limited to Maccas and Burger King. There are plenty of great burger places, and not just your local Fish and Chip shop. There's Grill'd, Andrew's Hamburgers, (a bit of a Melbourne institution) and Grill Me, (they have a few stores dotted around Melbourne), just to name 3. You can even get a pretty good burger with the lot as a counter meal in pubs aswell. :thumb:

Latest Threads