Faron Collins pickups

cousingrandpa

Reaction score
One of my friends just got 2 sets of Faron Collins pickups for $82.96 per set, they advertise as hand wound USA made. Does anyone know anything about them? They look decent & I haven't installed them in anything for him yet, they will be going in a couple Firefly 335s. I'm just looking to know any history or info beyond what they say on their web site.

cousingrandpa

Reaction score
Hello? Where are all the pickup guys who know everyone making pickups?

dc007

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never heard of them. Get a set and post a review. There are some bargains out there. Lots of folks like the pups from Guitar Fetish

cousingrandpa

Reaction score
Never heard of them. Get a set and post a review. There are some bargains out there. Lots of folks like the pups from Guitar Fetish
I'll be checking them out as soon as I install them for my buddy. I am just looking to see if anyone has any knowledge or experience with them.

Mr French

Reaction score
One of my friends just got 2 sets of Faron Collins pickups for $82.96 per set, they advertise as hand wound USA made. Does anyone know anything about them? They look decent & I haven't installed them in anything for him yet, they will be going in a couple Firefly 335s. I'm just looking to know any history or info beyond what they say on their web site.
Would love to hear a demo and I always like supporting new winders. I think they tend to have great pickups in the beginning stages instead of focusing on one style.

Faron

Reaction score
Would love to hear a demo and I always like supporting new winders. I think they tend to have great pickups in the beginning stages instead of focusing on one style.
Thank everyone for the interest in my pickups. I do wind classic PAF styles as well as some heavy overwinds. Outside of my own recordings you can check out S71 Guitars in Switzerland a custom Guitar builder who uses some of my pickups in his builds and he has several YouTube posts using mine and other winders pickups. I am new to the forum so I am not sure about posting direct links.

Mr French

Reaction score
Thank everyone for the interest in my pickups. I do wind classic PAF styles as well as some heavy overwinds. Outside of my own recordings you can check out S71 Guitars in Switzerland a custom Guitar builder who uses some of my pickups in his builds and he has several YouTube posts using mine and other winders pickups. I am new to the forum so I am not sure about posting direct links.
Would love to hear them. Copy and paste link.

Faron

Reaction score
Would love to hear them. Copy and paste link.
Granted this is not on a Les Paul but the Steel Town Blues pickups were designed to be on a Les Paul. This is on a dual humbucker Tele, on a Les Paul it will be a bit darker because of the wood. This model is made to spec in neck and 16% over-wound in the bridge. This version has Alnico V magnets I have another version with Alnico II in Gold/Nickel which the highs will be rounded a bit

Faron

Reaction score
Any pictures?
They are not rebranded. They are hand made with materials acquired from USA luthier suppliers and hand wound on my bench. I do cut a name tag with a laser to attach to the bottom to identify the pickups as I don't have means of engraving it into the Silver Nickel baseplates.

Faron

Reaction score
Any pictures?
DSC05750_DxO.jpg

ARandall

Reaction score
Try taking out a vendor subscription. There is a subsection where you can advertise your wares. In this time of rising prices a budget offering could well capture a good clientele here.
Additionally adding to threads with info helps your credibility. It has taken quite a few guys here a long way.

Faron

Reaction score
Your friend must have paid retail from my site. Yes that would be a set neck/bridge humbucker. Thanks for your interest in my pickups and it was a Google search that led me to this post. There are a few reviews on eBay and various places but the best review I can direct you to is S71 Guitars who uses some of my pickups in his builds (though he usually builds Fenders and Shred guitars)
S71 Guitars Switzerland

cousingrandpa

Reaction score
Your friend must have paid retail from my site. Yes that would be a set neck/bridge humbucker. Thanks for your interest in my pickups and it was a Google search that led me to this post. There are a few reviews on eBay and various places but the best review I can direct you to is S71 Guitars who uses some of my pickups in his builds (though he usually builds Fenders and Shred guitars)
S71 Guitars Switzerland
Thanks for jumping on Faron, I'll throw some pictures up this week of the pickups & I'll be installing them over the next couple weeks.

cousingrandpa

Reaction score
Here are the pickups, they look good.

Attachments

• 20220613_064400.jpg
    20220613_064400.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220613_064423.jpg
    20220613_064423.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220613_064439.jpg
    20220613_064439.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 8

Faron

Reaction score
Here are the pickups, they look good.
Yes I remember he bought a set of Trail Blazers which is a 4/6% under/over-wind with Alnico V and a set of Steel Town II which has a 16% over-wound bridge and Alnico II magnets.

cousingrandpa

Reaction score
Yes I remember he bought a set of Trail Blazers which is a 4/6% under/over-wind with Alnico V and a set of Steel Town II which has a 16% over-wound bridge and Alnico II magnets.
Don't know what I'm putting the 2nd set in yet for him. Looking forward to trying them out.

Latest Threads