Fanny

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Saw them at the Liverpool Stadium just after their second album came out.

Went along with a cynical attitude to see this all-female group, almost certainly like most of the other males there.

Abso-fuckin'-lutely blown away! They had the crowd with them almost from the off. 'Badge', well holy shit, June Millington produced an absolutely stunning solo, while the band nailed the song 100%. Her slide playing, jeez to die for live!

If you didn't see them live in their prime, then you missed something special, as the albums, or TV show(s) do not do them justice.

Last edited:

MikeyTheCat

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean like who the fucked named them?
Legend, George Harrison.

Reality:
"After Nickey joined the band and the album release was imminent, the question of a new name was raised – by the four themselves, by Richard Perry, by their label and by their management, the Blue peacock Company. Everyone felt that what was needed was a woman’s name, something short, memorable and at once feminine and bold. After considering a series of suggestions the band settled on the name FANNY, and the rest was history. June would later explain, “We really didn’t think of [the name Fanny] as a butt, a sexual term. We felt it was like a woman’s spirit watching over us.”

Maybe they were thinking of Fanny Brice/Funny Girl at the time.

MikeyTheCat

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perfect example of Rock Music and Music in general that I can't deal with........nails on chalkboard.....

Big zero for me.....
I think the vocals are the speed bump for me being a fan. Not that they’re bad but not used in a way that showcases them. The Beatles had three lead singers but somehow when each one was on lead the others backed him up just right, made the lead stand out, and raised things up as a band when the harmonies kicked in.

Rando375

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fanny was an all female rock band. For years I’ve heard people rave about them and that it’s a shame they didn’t break big, but to me they’re just maybe average with no memorable songs, but I really love June’s guitar tone.

Give them a listen and let’s hear what you think.

They're kick-ass IMO

electric head

Just passing thru
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few of them look like they were assaulted by someone carrying an ugly stick..

200.gif

electric head

Just passing thru
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I need to do is look at myself in the mirror...:applause:

not as a rock star but being beaten by an ugly stick:slap:

Latest Threads