fake?

MiniB

Reaction score
White back plates + slotted bridge 'posts' = fake with a capital F.

metalmike222

Reaction score
Is there a way to report it as a fake to eBay?

**edit** Never mind, just found the "report" link.

grumphh_the_banned_one

Reaction score
It is not only a Custom but in fact a Custom Custom as it has a RW fretboard

Also not having the Gibson logo inlaid gives this a true custom touch...

Excellent job, that one! :yesway:

(Yes, sarcasm) ....

metalmike222

Reaction score
For over $2k. I reported it to eBay as counterfeit, and emailed the seller. Probably won't matter, but at least I can say I tried.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Reaction score
Wow, that one was actually really obvious. Not sure how bad I feel for the new buyer, they obviously did zero homework before they bidded

Benniator

Reaction score
For over $2k. I reported it to eBay as counterfeit, and emailed the seller. Probably won't matter, but at least I can say I tried.

I had eBay scammers steal my photos from this board a few years ago. I contacted eBay and even though I provided proof that they were stolen photos, eBay said there wasn’t enough evidence to delete the listing.

metalmike222

Reaction score
I had eBay scammers steal my photos from this board a few years ago. I contacted eBay and even though I provided proof that they were stolen photos, eBay said there wasn’t enough evidence to delete the listing.
Can't say I'm surprised

mudface

Boo Bee
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like everyone else eGay quality control sucks...... sometimes they’re the best sometimes not.

Buyer beware still holds true.

CerebralGasket

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The baseline of the headstock logo is parallel to the top edge of headstock instead of at an angle. This same guitar was posted here about a week ago asking if it was fake. Cannot find the thread.

mudface

Boo Bee
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
The baseline of the headstock logo is parallel to the top edge of headstock instead of at an angle. This same guitar was posted here about a week ago in another thread that I cannot find.

Yes.... it’s in the Norlin section by Jan Janson..... also known as Stock-hippie.

Thread title “mmm”.

strayedstrater

Reaction score
In the "mmm" thread when I said something like "maybe it's just a terrible pic", I was really just trying to get "Jan" to give us a link to the auction. Or at least tell us what the seller claimed the guitar was so we could look it up.

If "she" hadn't just been playing one of "her" headgames, we would have had an extra week to flood eBay and the seller with complaints. Might not have gotten the auction pulled, but maybe...

Gibsonrocknroll

Reaction score
There is a boat load of Chibsons on eBay. They don't care. It's all about the money.

Latest Threads