Fake vs. Replica

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlapChop

Reaction score
Everyone hates the fake Gibsons and Epiphones. We curse them and degrade them to little more than firewood.

What's the difference between a fake chinese POS and a well built Replica; perception wise? They're both not authorized by Gibson, yet, their name is on the headstock. But, I don't hear any complaints about someone with a custom built Gibson Les Paul replica. Or am I missing something?

Wouldn't they both be considered to be illegal? Just curious what others think.

b-squared

Banned
Reaction score
<yawn>

This again? Come on, OP, cannot come up with something original?

I'll give this about 5 minutes before it gets locked up.

BB

Eyeball

Reaction score
I've wondered this myself. I'm interested to see how this will pan out opinion wise.:thumb:

SlapChop

Reaction score
<yawn>

This again? Come on, OP, cannot come up with something original?

I'll give this about 5 minutes before it gets locked up.

BB

I guess this is a sensitive topic... I wasn't aware. It was just something I was curious about. Lock it up and PM me if you like. :)

Indyclone

Reaction score
replicas are usually built better than Gibsons, and usually cost more than anything made by Gibson in the past 40 some years... fakes are junk that are made to rip someone off.

It's a quality and intent issue.

JMV

Reaction score
Oh, good. A fresh topic! :rofl:

Fakes and replicas are light years apart in quality and the intentions for which they were built. That's it in a nutshell.

Ledheadforlife

Reaction score
They are both illegal, and are both priced fairly, therefore, morally, they are the same. Anybody who disagrees is kidding themselves. If anything replicas are worse than fakes because fakes cost $200-$300 which they are worth, where as replicas can cost over 10k, which no guitar is worth. Just my 2 cents.

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Replicas sells Gibsons..Huh!!!Most major stars play custom built replicas & the public precieves them as true Gibson thus running to the store to get them.

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Nobody is making replicas of a guitar made in the past 50 years anyway

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Fakes are sold as Real Gibsons (illegal) / Repllicas are sold as replicas of gibsons ( not against the law but if sold as real deal is against the law )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads