Fake on eBay

Reaction score
I reported the slash one to ebay two days ago but they don't give a shit...
The auction is still up.

Tip. I think if someone is brave enough to bid for that guitar can take it for free.
Paypal will have a full refund for being fake and no one will ask you to send it back.

kasu

Reaction score
I also reported it. The 3-4 auctions I have reported have been removed, so I must say I believe that they do take action. Have some patience, there is probably a handling time involved depending of the amount of reported cases.

ARandall

Reaction score
Reported too

Hopefully it gets pulled soon.

Longhair

Reaction score
I reported the slash one to ebay two days ago but they don't give a shit...
The auction is still up.

Tip. I think if someone is brave enough to bid for that guitar can take it for free.
Paypal will have a full refund for being fake and no one will ask you to send it back.

You are scumbag for just teaching other scumbags how to successfully scam ebay, paypal and the seller.

Neil(UK)

Reaction score
That's getting tougher all the time since the Chinese are sticking Euro ETA movements in em not the Japanese auto movements. Where do you suppose they got those didn't someone at the Swatch Group smell something cooking on the stove? You will never convince me there isn't a direct link between the counterfeiters using state of the art CNC machines and the government over there sure as hell isn't some cottage industry. Lot easier slipping high dollar watches through the custom nets than cumbersome shipments of Gibbys.

The movements used by fake Rolexes are cloned Chinese versions of ETA's as real ETA's would be far too expensive.

Rolex only use in-house movements so the difference is easily spotted.

Arthur

Reaction score
Why on earth do they keep putting those stickers on the control cavity plate? They are SOOO stupid!

kezian

Reaction score
Wow, fake as a three dollar bill. Look at the headstock and that sad sad knob placement!

care to elaborate? from my limited knowledge, id say the shape of the open book is maybe a little off, and it seems like theres too much distance from the D and G tuners to the "gibson" logo.... is this correct?

the knob placement doesnt really seem that off to me, though... but i dont really know exactly what to look for other than how the tail piece should line up with the volume knobs

what else is really fake about this? im curious because i really dont know much about spotting fakes. the big thing that stood out to me was how fugly the tuning keys are

Heres another one. I told them but they dont care?

1981 Gibson Les Paul Heritage Award | eBay

also this one doesnt seem fake at all to me... anyone wanna shed some light on why this is a fake?

JCM900MkIII

Reaction score
care to elaborate? from my limited knowledge, id say the shape of the open book is maybe a little off, and it seems like theres too much distance from the D and G tuners to the "gibson" logo.... is this correct?

the knob placement doesnt really seem that off to me, though... but i dont really know exactly what to look for other than how the tail piece should line up with the volume knobs

what else is really fake about this? im curious because i really dont know much about spotting fakes. the big thing that stood out to me was how fugly the tuning keys are also this one doesnt seem fake at all to me... anyone wanna shed some light on why this is a fake?

That AFD doesn't have a proper serial stamp, frets don't have "nibs" (frets against the binding, this one has frets on top of the binding), the Sloosh logo is very bad, original has creme tuner knobs instead of "green".
Too many parts are white, while they should be crème.
No straplock buttons (why remove 'm???)
And most importantly, you would expect a "bookmatched" top... look closely and you will see the maple top is from 2 different boards/planks (could even be a different tree altogether).

That herratige is less obvious to me though

Reaction score
You are scumbag for just teaching other scumbags how to successfully scam ebay, paypal and the seller.

:mad2:
I am not teaching how to scam..
I am teaching how to punish this sucker who sells fake gibsons for real.

Moreover you can't do that with other ebay listings..Just with fake ones!
In case of genuine item paypal will ask you to send it back to get the refund.
With fakes they don't care.
:hmm:

Longhair

Reaction score
:mad2:
I am not teaching how to scam..
I am teaching how to punish this sucker who sells fake gibsons for real.

Moreover you can't do that with other ebay listings..Just with fake ones!
In case of genuine item paypal will ask you to send it back to get the refund.
With fakes they don't care.
:hmm:

Scumbag, it is still stealing no matter how you try to justify it.

politenessman

Reaction score
fake or not its probably not a great idea to buy high dollar item from a guy with 0 feedback.

Dino Velvet

Reaction score
..And it's a zero seller on ebay UK. Gosh, that's almost as surprising as seeing one on CL.

kasu

Reaction score
I have a REAL Gibson LP Custom without nibs, so this is NOT always an obvious spot. Just sayin'. :cool:

And I have a fake WITH nibs.... so thats not a sure way to tell either way. Most fakes will be without nibs though. The strap buttons however, I think is a very good tell tale. The gibson aluminium type is unique as far as I know. Of course these can be swapped out if its used but its a subtle detail that many may miss.

Latest Threads