Fake murphy ?

bonanza2252003

Reaction score
found this knock off chinese guitar site. Either these guys are getting amazing or they're now using pics of the real deal to sell their crap.look at the murphy aged model. Its definately the real deal. many of the fakes have gotten to the point where it is difficult to tell .they've corrected most of the obvious things like truss rod cover ,tuners ,serial #'s ,bridges no longer have the tell tale slotted screw.some now even have headstock wings .obviously they are using real pics too but some of the fakes are very hard to tell by pics alone. Many of the ones on the site are still painfully obvious they are fake but some are very very authentic looking ?even some of the cases are looking very good ,even reproducing all the case candy now . I may have to be extra careful on future e-bay purchases. :wow:

Wholesale murphy Guitar,China Wholesale murphy Guitar from Chinese Wholesalers & Suppliers ? TradeTang.com 1

Flight595

Reaction score
Fakes are still easy to spot.... Clearly those pictures have been stolen...

Iv'e yet to see a fake with headstock wings...

Regards

zeppelin101

Reaction score
Fakes are still easy to spot.... Clearly those pictures have been stolen...

Iv'e yet to see a fake with headstock wings...

Regards

Yup. you can tell they're stolen because each picture is taken from different angles and settings, sorta like they took em from ebay auctions. Knockoff Gibsons might look good, but in general are probably really subpar. I mean if gibson quality wood costs around as much as those guitars, theres no way they are Gibson in quality or probably even looks.

baumwolle

Reaction score
A bit offtopic:

There are some "factories" in China that specialize in Gibson knockoffs (there was something like 'MyMusia' some time ago). Why doesn't Gibson take action against these guys?

brimay

Reaction score
A bit offtopic:

There are some "factories" in China that specialize in Gibson knockoffs (there was something like 'MyMusia' some time ago). Why doesn't Gibson take action against these guys?

I belive they did with payless geetards.

Danelectro

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The descriptions alone are enough to convince me to buy one. Besides, he guarantees that the "real item are the same as the picture". Now where is my credit card...

I can guarantee the real item are the same as the picture . you can mix and match the order from our shop . When you want ot order , Please remember tell me the item`s Code . I can guarantee the item are the best quality !

Our guitar is of high quality and inexpensive in na , we send the guitar that is the very one my picture is showing.
Just contact me no matter which kind of items you like and what questions you have ,I will do my best to make you satisfied asap.
We use Japan technology,Our quality control team is responsible for all the guitar inspection, from the selection of the wood to the guitar finish - they inspect every process in line with Gibson's regulations - this guarantees you a quality guitar every time.

You n put your family and friends to send, n play their beautiful music. If you like, you n buy it. If you need more guitars, photographs, please contact me and my mers is God, whether you have any needs, I will do my best to satisfy you equest;
hat you will be
100% satisfied.
100%:Top quality and Top service
100%: Good price
100%: Fastest ship
100%: Combined order
100%: Big discount for big order
100% :Brand new with tag and pa
100%:Free return policy
100% :satisfaction !
Condition: New
Guarantee :
1. All guitar with AAA+ Quality 100%quality
2. we will send out the guita for you in 48hours. it takes 4-7days the products will a ive in your hands
3.Trustworthy business
4. All the goods from Shop Name: shop comes with original pa aging ,brand new with original tags, guitar, boxes etc.
5.100% Satisfaction Guarantee
6.If you need any brand tell us the size which you want to buy.

1.Package: Guitar is sold without case, but will be securely packaged and shipped in a molded foam container.
2.Shipping: EMS:(about 5-7 days)
3.Payment: I accept PayPal ,it is very fast and safe
4.IMPORTANT: THE GUITARS ARE SOLD WITHOUT CASE. IF YOU WANT ONE, EXTRA MONEY IS NEEDED. WE ARE SELLING THE CASE AT FACTORY PRICE.
EXCELLENT HARDCASE: ABOUT 50$
NORMAL HARDCASE: ABOUT 30$

tnvol

Reaction score
They are all around 300 bucks. Hell I'd almost buy one just to see what shows up. lol

unity1906

Reaction score
Ok what's the ral deal on Chinese fakes, If anyone can offer a review of abetter Chinese rip offs let me know. Ok I have purchased two of these and taken them to pieces. they are plywood neck and headstock, decals for inlays and far from perfect. good overall finish but book matched tops and neck are not aligned. bridge is not placed correctly but strangly real gibson deluxe tuners are used. fingerboard could be rosewood and the frets are good considerng the price $266usd the body is MDF with what looks like a plywood printed grain finish "not maple' sorry. Guitar has intonation problems and the centre line of the guitar through bridge and neck is clearly an inch aboove where the strap peg is placed. Binding on NONE of the three I have purchased goes over fret ends. inlays are also probably original Gibson as the dimensions are exact! All other hardware is total crap, you would need to replace everything on these guitars to have any hope of getting a decent sound. Two of the three has an incredibly accurate body shape, one is not it looks like a Tokai new issue very pointy. I will put up some pictures soon, I have stripped one and I am doing a mod job on it to make it playable, Bridge postion, replacing all hardware even down to bumblebees and wire. I will be making a You Tube video so you will be able to see and here them through my Bugera set up.

The best part is definitely the snakeskin case albeit brown not black. For less than 50usd dollars it is a marvel.

If youy have any questions please ask. I purchased these from Bazzarrguitars, and two stores with multiple good feedbacks from ioffer. I am waiting for a Goldtop '57 with case and will report on each and answer questions. I am saving for a '58 VOS reissue oh and I use Jackson soloists and dinky2 they are miles better than this Junk (pun intended) and are cheaper given the amount of parts you need to buy.

Half the you tube videos stating to be rip offs are in fact genuine GIBSON guitars.

I would say it is better to buy a genuine Gibson and keep away from used until things are clear where these copies are going./ When I get the real one I will make a pyre for the worst one of theses knock offs for all to see.

Chinese Fake Jeans are much better!!!

Big Red

Reaction score
The pics are definitely 'jacked - on the Bloomy third from top the pic has been stolen from Big Jim's Guitar's (the photo is "watermarked" or whatever you call it). Big Jim is legit and posts on the "other" forum.

You may end up with a guitar, just not the one pictured ..... :cool:

Nick59

Reaction score
I fancy the "Tom Murphy Aged Norman's Rare".

If that isn't a clue that they're just stealing pics off internet sites without actually knowing what the title refers to, I don't know what is.

Latest Threads