Fake LP on ebay

ToneasaurusRex

Reaction score
they seem to think so:
. . .

What's your point? Are you being sarcastic?

Not all guitars with laminated construction are alike. Nobody would seriously use the term "plywood" to refer to the semi-hollow and hollow-body guitars you posted.

Peace

Rex

Stonehead

Reaction score
Thank god we have a forum full of internet cops! And incidentally every Gibson can be used as firewood especially the nice dry Brazilian ones from the fifties!

Bountyhunter

Reaction score
Nope, I did notice the blur of some kind, But I cant make it out and it doesn't look like Gibson

Either way, Im done. The thread should be also.
54848d1327168644-fake-lp-ebay-gib.jpg

Don't be a quitter or you'll never have more than 3 posts. Then again, if you can't tell that the head stock and the sticker say Gibson, maybe you should.

pmonk

Reaction score
I think manufacturer unknown makes it pretty clear to all potential buyers this is not being passed off as a Gibson.

And last time I checked, a guitar was built for the purpose of creating sound, and making negative comments on a guitar that one has not played is silly!

TKOjams

Reaction score
I have 13 fake gibsons and they are not that bad if you change out the pickups and a few parts, they play really well. Granted I wouldn't sell them because they are fakes.

um, what?

Bountyhunter

Reaction score
I think manufacturer unknown makes it pretty clear to all potential buyers this is not being passed off as a Gibson.

And last time I checked, a guitar was built for the purpose of creating sound, and making negative comments on a guitar that one has not played is silly!

The negative comments are on the fact that it says Gibson when it clearly isn't. It's like buying a Pinto with a Jaguar hood ornament. Who does that? I mean really?

HOT-BRIT

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It don't make any difference if he says its a Gibson or not, it is a counterfeit Gibson guitar and it is illegal to own or sell it

LPPILOT

Reaction score
How about playing one of these 13 guitars before making asinine remarks?

And for the ad - why did this need to be reported to ebay? The seller never claimed this was a Gibson? The listing clearly stated Les Paul Shaped guitar?

My my ....aren't we wound up tight ...... screwed up your auction :naughty:

13 Fake Gibsons = a loser...:lol:

HOT-BRIT

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Just need a few more of you guys to report this fake and it will be taken down

Bountyhunter

Reaction score
My my ....aren't we wound up tight ...... screwed up your auction :naughty:

13 Fake Gibsons = a loser...:lol:

That's rough, dude. Calling someone a loser in your second post isn't a great start. Let's play nice.

BillB1960

Reaction score
I don't know why your getting on me for having my 13 fakes. I'm not saying they are the best thing since sliced bread. Granted I own a real one and love it much more than my knock offs. But I'll keep them and hang on the wall where my real one is getting all the play time. I agree with what a few have said about blurring out the name doesn't make it right, but the gibson decal on the back plate is a dead giveaway that it a fake.

What on earth is the point in having 13 fakes? You claim to have a real LP which gets all the play time but you went out and bought 13 fakes? :wtf:

Can you please explain it to me since I can't for the life of me figure out what someone would possibly do with 13 POS Chinese knock offs except keep the house warm in the winter.

Latest Threads