Fake LP on ebay

joedonner2001

Reaction score
I don't know why your getting on me for having my 13 fakes.

Absolutely nothing wrong with what you have. But I can understand it if people think it strange that you have so many. Most people will probably wonder why you don't sell them, or some of them, and get another real Gibson, if you want more than one guitar. But we can all do as we please in the end.

:)

Bountyhunter

Reaction score
That does not look like Gibson to me. I may be wrong and it may be just how it looks,, But it does not look like Gibson.

attachment.php

I'm 99.9% sure it does. The sticker on the back does too. Why else would he blur it out?

LesPaulFan71

Reaction score
Absolutely nothing wrong with what you have. But I can understand it if people think it strange that you have so many. Most people will probably wonder why you don't sell them, or some of them, and get another real Gibson, if you want more than one guitar. But we can all do as we please in the end.

:)

Thank you. It was like candy. Anyways this topic is going off topic IMO.

lespaul01

Banned
Reaction score
I'm 99.9% sure it does. The sticker on the back does too. Why else would he blur it out?

Yah, I saw the sticker.. You are likely right. Just does not look like it reads that. Likely just from the blurring.

LesPaulFan71

Reaction score
curious minds want to know.:) No offense:wave:

Its all good, but I'm not going to get into it. I have a real one and this is the one I am on this board for. I hope I am a member of the club with my real one and also because of my '80 Greco LPC EG-600.:slash:

LesPaulFan71

Reaction score
Now back on topic:

Good thing the seller didn't show the SN am I right?

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
I'll give props to the guy, at least he isn't trying to rip anybody off. However this is still a counterfeit guitar, blurring out the headstock logo doesn't make it OK. Not to mention openly selling counterfeit goods on Ebay isn't a very good idea. Gibson has lawyers and they are not afraid to use them.

He is not selling it as a Gibson.

tazzman

Reaction score
Did you notice the Photoshopped blurring of the Gibson logos on the headstock and the decal on the back?

Nope, I did notice the blur of some kind, But I cant make it out and it doesn't look like Gibson

Either way, Im done. The thread should be also.
54848d1327168644-fake-lp-ebay-gib.jpg

TinyTerror

Reaction score
Agreed. He's not trying to pass it off as being real. But blurring out the logo can make you think that he kinda knows he's not exactly playing by the rules either...

+1,
The guy knows its a fake else he would be selling it as a Gibson and wouldn't have blurred out the logo :)

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
And your point being? Lets just keep our opinions to ourselves then

There's a sure-fire recipe to keep a discussion-board going, don't you agree?

:rolleyes:

If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen. Opinions are free, and free to ignore.

Lucky One

Reaction score

AngryHatter

Reaction score
And your point being? Lets just keep our opinions to ourselves then

No, that's why we're here.

And to the statement from rallygsc - "those crappy musoland chinese," you're a moron.
You have a Japanese cartoon character for an avatar?
You're just confused or racist?

Dino Velvet

Reaction score
How about a couch shot of the 13 Chinese LP's ? that would be very cool to see.

Phoenix59

Reaction score
I agree that the logo appears to say Gibson, and the sticker on the back certainly appears to be the normal Gibson sticker.

Regardless of whether he's marketing it as a Gibson or not, selling a counterfeit item is, as has been stated so many times on these forums, a crime.

Latest Threads