Fake LP on ebay

lespaul01

Banned
Reaction score
He is not selling as a Gibson and there is no Gibson on the head stock that I can see. i don't see the probem?

LesPaulFan71

Reaction score
I have 13 fake gibsons and they are not that bad if you change out the pickups and a few parts, they play really well. Granted I wouldn't sell them because they are fakes.

KS 5150

Reaction score
I have 13 fake gibsons and they are not that bad if you change out the pickups and a few parts, they play really well. Granted I wouldn't sell them because they are fakes.

For what 13 fakes cost, you could have bought a couple real ones....oh well, I hear that plywood is a great tonewood, much better than mahoghany!! :facepalm:

RichBrew

Reaction score

Not the most endearing of statements to make on a forum dedicated to Gibson Les Paul guitars.

RichBrew

Rigel42

Reaction score
I'll give props to the guy, at least he isn't trying to rip anybody off. However this is still a counterfeit guitar, blurring out the headstock logo doesn't make it OK. Not to mention openly selling counterfeit goods on Ebay isn't a very good idea. Gibson has lawyers and they are not afraid to use them.

RG31

Reaction score

I'll keep my sole Gibson Studio over 13 fakes any day, and besides, I can find plenty of used Epiphones that that sound much better than any ChiCom nock-offs without upgrading anything. :wow:

pmonk

Reaction score
How about playing one of these 13 guitars before making asinine remarks?

And for the ad - why did this need to be reported to ebay? The seller never claimed this was a Gibson? The listing clearly stated Les Paul Shaped guitar?

6stringer

Reaction score
How about playing one of these 13 guitars before making asinine remarks?

Play a pancake of Chinese plywood? No thanks. I know where you're coming from, but you could put strings and pickups on a petrified dinosaur turd, and I wouldn't play that either. It is what it is.

Asinine is akin to strolling into a Gibson forum, declaring that forgeries and cheap copies can be made to play well after swapping out everything critical, and then expecting a warm reception. :shock:

pmonk

Reaction score
Asinine is akin to strolling into a Gibson forum, declaring that forgeries and cheap copies can be made to play well after swapping out everything critical, and then expecting a warm reception. :shock:

Well, as an owner of 5 Norlin-era guitars, I'm used to the negativity!

tazzman

Reaction score
Hello Everyone:

I reported this item to ebay and to gibson, it needs to be pulled down, it is one of those crappy musoland chinese made fake les pauls

Les Paul Shaped Guitar, Gold Top | eBay

beware people

take care
George

Ad CLEARLY has nothing to do with Gibson, Mentioned, remarked, or advertised as.

Les Paul Shape Guitar Gold Top

Up for auction is a very nice guitar, manufacturer is unknown. This guitar plays wonderfully and sounds great. It will come with the case shown. What you see is what you will get.

No trades, no out of USA buyers, no refunds. I have 100% feedback. No buyers without a feedback record.

Bountyhunter

Reaction score
It still says Gibson on the head stock. That makes it a fake. It's against ebay policy. I see that the guy is selling it as junk, cause it's starting at $100, but it still says Gibson on it. That's the part that would piss Gibson off. And maybe the next guy who buys it. It should be burned.

LesPaulFan71

Reaction score
I don't know why your getting on me for having my 13 fakes. I'm not saying they are the best thing since sliced bread. Granted I own a real one and love it much more than my knock offs. But I'll keep them and hang on the wall where my real one is getting all the play time. I agree with what a few have said about blurring out the name doesn't make it right, but the gibson decal on the back plate is a dead giveaway that it a fake.

lespaul01

Banned
Reaction score
It still says Gibson on the head stock. That makes it a fake. It's against ebay policy. I see that the guy is selling it as junk, cause it's starting at $100, but it still says Gibson on it. That's the part that would piss Gibson off. And maybe the next guy who buys it. It
should be burned.

That does not look like Gibson to me. I may be wrong and it may be just how it looks,, But it does not look like Gibson.

attachment.php

Attachments

• gib.jpg
    gib.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 217

AxeBuilder

Reaction score
Ad CLEARLY has nothing to do with Gibson, Mentioned, remarked, or advertised as.

Les Paul Shape Guitar Gold Top

Up for auction is a very nice guitar, manufacturer is unknown. This guitar plays wonderfully and sounds great. It will come with the case shown. What you see is what you will get.

No trades, no out of USA buyers, no refunds. I have 100% feedback. No buyers without a feedback record.

Did you notice the Photoshopped blurring of the Gibson logos on the headstock and the decal on the back?

Latest Threads