Fake Epiphone Les Paul Standard ?

Jorbissian

Reaction score
I checked out an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, all the fake tell tales are NOT there except for the logo.
The "n" in the Epiphone has no "tail" coming down to match the length of the "tails" on both letter p's.
Everything else seems correct, what say you guys ? is it fake ?
The serial number comes up on "Guitar Dater Project" & says made at the Epiphone Quindao plant China with date & production number.
I have read that this is not a fail safe method to check the authenticity though.
It is for private sale with an Epiphone hard shell case. $850.00

Jorbissian

Reaction score
850 bucks.
Easy pass.
No one pays more than 300 for a used Epiphone MIC.
Thanks for you reply, that's $850.00 AUD,(about $645.00 USD) still too much ? That's about the average price for a used one here in Australia. RSP is $1249.00 but if you haggle you can get them down to about 900 without the case, thanks again, cheers mate. :)

Jorbissian

Reaction score
Thanks again mate, yes the Epiphone site is USD, here in Aussie we get fleeced because of import duties etc.
I f we see that price here $300, we'd wonder if it is real for such small money. All the best to you mate cheers :)

rbraad68

Reaction score
850 bucks.
Easy pass.
No one pays more than 300 for a used Epiphone MIC.

i realize these guitars are ment to be played and to enjoy the savings they provide compared to the gibsons . But i think you would be hard pressed to find their higher end models such as their custom, 59, 50's or 60's for 300 bucks. Maybe a standard thats a few yrs old. i guess in the private sector it's possible.

DrBGood

Reaction score
I checked out an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, all the fake tell tales are NOT there except for the logo.
The "n" in the Epiphone has no "tail" coming down to match the length of the "tails" on both letter p's.
Everything else seems correct, what say you guys ? is it fake ?
The serial number comes up on "Guitar Dater Project" & says made at the Epiphone Quindao plant China with date & production number.
I have read that this is not a fail safe method to check the authenticity though.
It is for private sale with an Epiphone hard shell case. $850.00
It is real hard to evaluate for fakery without pictures. Serial dater site is off half the time for Epiphone, can't trust them. The logo has seen many variants over the years.

Got any pics and the serial number ?

Jorbissian

Reaction score
Epiphone Les Paul Std 1.JPG
Epiphone Les Paul Std 2.JPG
Epiphone Les Paul Std 3.JPG
Epiphone Les Paul Std 5.JPG
Epiphone Les Paul Std 2.JPG
Epiphone Les Paul Std 5.JPG

Attachments

• Epiphone Les Paul Std 4.JPG
    Epiphone Les Paul Std 4.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 25

Cardinalcomb

Reaction score
There are no "tell tale signs" of a fake epiphone - there just aren't many fakes of $400 guitars. Fake gibsons cost about the same as a real epiphone. Why bother making a fake epiphone?

I see nothing that makes me believe the guitar is fake in the photo.

Jorbissian

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your reply, this helps me a great deal.
I sort of came to that conclusion after some research.
Why would you bother making a fake Epiphone or Squire ?
Thanks again, all the best to you. :)

DrBGood

Reaction score
There are no "tell tale signs" of a fake epiphone - there just aren't many fakes of $400 guitars. Fake gibsons cost about the same as a real epiphone. Why bother making a fake epiphone?
There are tons of fake Epiphone, mainly Les Paul.
Why make fakes of those cheaper guitar ? For the same reason that it's easier to slip a fake $20 than a fake $100.

Yours is a real Epiphone.

Latest Threads