Fake custom on display in NYC hard rock cafe!!!!

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
2011-01-31_19-01-18_842.jpg

Ledheadforlife

Reaction score
Doesnt surprise me too much, rumor I heard is that all the stuff in all the hard rocks are reproductions and that they keep the real stuff under lock and key in a warehouse somewhere.

Reaperc89

Reaction score
Certainly is a fake, but oh well, it is what it is.

BoogieMan_SC

Reaction score
Autographed, no less? Man...that's cheesy...then again, so is the place in NYC itself.

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
the foods good.

Gibsonrocknroll

Reaction score
They probably buy replica guitars and place them on the walls to spice up the place. The average Joe wouldn't know the difference.

alpinestudio

Reaction score
Doesnt surprise me too much, rumor I heard is that all the stuff in all the hard rocks are reproductions and that they keep the real stuff under lock and key in a warehouse somewhere.

I'm not sure about the other guitars, but not David Gilmour's black strat, before David wanted it back. It was left open hanging somewhere enough where people could reach. When his guitar tech got it back, the knobs were missing and there was some damage. They even lost the guitar case that it came in.

LeftyF2003

Reaction score
Yea, you're right - if you look closely on this picture you can see that it's a bolt on. Who signed it?

BlackNoSugar

Reaction score
Autographed, no less? Man...that's cheesy...then again, so is the place in NYC itself.

Couldn't agree more. Then again the poeple visiting that place probably don't know the difference between a Gibson and a Gibsun anyway.

Ferrarimk13

Reaction score
Im happy about that. I wouldnt want a genuine one going to waste behind a glass case for people to look at.

tung

Reaction score
It's a damn waste if it is a real custom hanging in there. All the instruments are basically furniture there anyway.
HRC? I got wasted there once, good chicken wings.

Dawsons

Reaction score
Yeah, I spotted this one when I was in NYC last June. It's been signed by Everclear, the Headstock has been rebuilt to make it look like a Gibson and it's patchy as hell and obvious it's a cheap piece of shit.

I've got a better shot of the neck join but for some reason MLP isn't allowing me to upload any photos. I'll try later.

shtdaprdtr

Reaction score
Yeah, I spotted this one when I was in NYC last June. It's been signed by Everclear, the Headstock has been rebuilt to make it look like a Gibson and it's patchy as hell and obvious it's a cheap piece of shit.

I've got a better shot of the neck join but for some reason MLP isn't allowing me to upload any photos. I'll try later.

good...I wouldnt want everclear to sign a real one and ruin it anyway.

Ledheadforlife

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. Then again the poeple visiting that place probably don't know the difference between a Gibson and a Gibsun anyway.

Some of us do, I love the hard rocks, my goal is to visit em all, I think I've been to 23 so far, gotta long way to go lol.

dspelman

Reaction score
Some of us do, I love the hard rocks, my goal is to visit em all, I think I've been to 23 so far, gotta long way to go lol.

Speaking of fakes, have you been to any of the fake Hard Rocks? There have been several; I visited one in Germany and one in the Czech Republic. Mostly fairly small establishments that have simply aped the decor and the logo, but some have T-shirts and those little enameled badges, and it's fun to collect those, too. My dad lived down the street from the Honolulu store until 2007, and I had a hamburger in the London Hard Rock when I was despairing of ever finding decent food.

Ledheadforlife

Reaction score
I've only been to the ones in the states, don't think any of em were fake lol. I collect a pilsner beer glass from each one I visit but I wish I woulda started with badges instead, those glasses take up alot of room, but since I started with glasses, I guess I gotta keep it that way lol.

Latest Threads