Fake Chinese Chibson Les Paul on Ebay

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE BAD ASS
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

hogwild

Reaction score
That's really scary, because eBay is where I like to purchase my gear. I was shopping on eBay this weekend, in the market for a new Gibson Les Paul Standard. I did see this listing. I thought it looked off though (it was the flame that looked off to me?). I ended up getting a new Standard, thankfully it was a genuine, but I still get the chills because I didn't know at the time that listing was a counterfeit.

Edit: I'll do a ngd post when I get it in the mail on Monday.

chasenblues

Reaction score
I thought it looked off though (it was the flame that looked off to me?).

The bridge,and no nibs..(unless he tried claim its been re-fretted which he didn't)

Captureuhygtre.JPG

cherrysunburst00

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

scott 351 wins

Reaction score
if there is any doubt pull one of the pickups out and look to see if it is an Epiphone pickup. The Chibson fakes are made in the same factories as the Chinese Epiphones. But your Les Paul looks legit to me as well.

rockstar232007

Reaction score
if there is any doubt pull one of the pickups out and look to see if it is an Epiphone pickup. The Chibson fakes are made in the same factories as the Chinese Epiphones. But your Les Paul looks legit to me as well.
No, they're not. If they were, they would be a lot closer in spec and/or comparable to most Epi guitars. Not really sure what/who started that myth, but I suspect it's just another in a long line of ridiculous excuses for people to justify purchasing them.

Most Chibson guitars also have counterfeit/cheap electronics, including the pickups.

Last edited:

scott 351 wins

Reaction score
No, they're not. If they were, they would be a lot closer in spec and/or comparable to most Epi guitars. Not really sure what/who started that myth, but I suspect it's just another in a long line of ridiculous excuses for people to justify purchasing them.

Most Chipson guitars also have counterfeit/cheap electronics, including the pickups.
why would they fake Epi pickups? All the Chibson videos that I watched that the pickups were removed had Epiphone pickups in them. Doesn't make any sense to put fake Epiphone pickups in a fake Gibson.

Chris B.

Reaction score
why would they fake Epi pickups? All the Chibson videos that I watched that the pickups were removed had Epiphone pickups in them. Doesn't make any sense to put fake Epiphone pickups in a fake Gibson.
Because by the time you are in a position to remove the pickups, it is too late. You have already paid and received your guitar.

kevinpaul

Reaction score
The guy keeps on lying, no such thing as a Chinese Gibson. That thing is a XXX and not a Gibson, that Gibson name on it is very wrong.

Dick Banks

Reaction score
About $250 too high in my opinion, good wood or not.
And ethically immoral to increase the market pool of fake guitars.
Not to mention risking civil and/or criminal liability by calling it a "Chinese Gibson."
Why people can't be happy with a 2nd hand Epiphone is beyond me! Excellent guitars, and most people (non-players) can't hear the difference from USA Gibsons.

cherrysunburst00

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
About $250 too high in my opinion, good wood or not.
And ethically immoral to increase the market pool of fake guitars.
Not to mention risking civil and/or criminal liability by calling it a "Chinese Gibson."
Why people can't be happy with a 2nd hand Epiphone is beyond me! Excellent guitars, and most people (non-players) can't hear the difference from USA Gibsons.

Ha ha, not only can most non-players not hear the difference, but they wouldn't be able to spot the difference either :)

Latest Threads