FAKE 1959 Gibson Les Paul guitars and the factory ledgers. A Wall Street Journal story 7-10-2020

devin dude

Reaction score
What are we supposed to take away from this?

That a very nice person and great player was forced to sell this guitar , it was stolen way back, compensation was paid to

the owner at that time ... fast forward to about two years ago when the owner that it was stolen from , tried to claim it was

still rightfully his & started a long drawn out court battle that forced the owner to sell it off to free himself of the restrictions

and agreements reached by courts and all the money spent by the owner in his effort to keep the guitar...

Sad , but true story of 'burst ownership... Buyers beware , this could potentially happen to any owner of these guitars, IMO

OMMV...

Last edited:

Lousyatit

Reaction score
A good interview with admittedly a Gibson dealer , why else would Mark Agnesi be there.
Like the owners comment about his latest run of RSM LPs........looked on the site but didn't see any of them or the price.
I got the impression that I was watching an infomercial.

goldtop0

Reaction score
I got the impression that I was watching an infomercial.

For sure..........showcasing this and that, that's why Mark was there.
Eric has noted the possible faux Marshall custom tolex coverings which is most probably the case unfortunately.
But I like hearing the history of where these dealers came from and how they do things, ply their trade.

LocoTex

Reaction score
Eric - I just went through your website. You have had an amazing life full of interesting and talented people as well as many beautiful and priceless guitars. Bravo!

jacopo

Reaction score
I'm sure the author googled "fake Les Paul's" and my name came up....it usually does! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

The article is pretty accurate....I'd say 85% ish.
Thank you for sharing Eric. could you please highlight what is not accurate?

J

Latest Threads