Facebook in Hot Water Over Sex Trafficking?

flamesarewicked

Reaction score
I ask myself often why I keep an account.. I used to say it was more so to check out car/music groups.. between the “keyboard experts” and the constant barrage of sponsored posts that are trickling in, it’s a chore to sift through the BS. I may have 600 people on my friends list but I probably talk to less than 5.

If ya think the threads about pickguards are old.. imagine a weekly post about it lol

EpiLP1985

They call me Derek.
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
It appears that in addition to the usual complaints we see regarding Facebook, as of today it is being widely reported that Facebook was somehow being used to facilitate a human trafficking operation- and more, that Facebook was aware of what was going on but did nothing to curtail what was taking place.

Facebook and Sex Trafficking Accusations

The bottom line to the story was that some group of gangsters was smuggling Asian women into the US, to serve as sex workers under conditions that are more akin to slave labor of an exceedingly disgusting type than anything else.

USA Today broke the story, but the wires have been jabbering about it since. It's now being said that something like 40 Asian women were smuggled into the US, and were then put up as sex workers in Florida, Pennsylvania, and Virginia.

Facebook has since claimed that they knew all about it all along, and that they are the virtuous heroes who cracked the case... and so they're the ones who are claiming they knew about this shit. However, USA Today found that in reality, neither Facebook nor any of its personnel are mentioned at all in any of the FBI investigative reports, local police reports, depositions or other forms of direct evidence... and their name came up in court, either. Nobody from Facebook was called to the stand to testify.

Personally, I think that Facebook was fibbin' about all that... but it was a stupid kind of lie to tell.

Would have been smarter to act all surprised and to blather about shit you're gonna do to keep that from happening again. But instead, Facebook tried to put a spin on the story that's just too idiotic, and that's whether one believes their story or not.

Gotta love it.

--R :p
3023A530-0256-4F9D-AB51-7C666347B010.jpeg

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I truly wish Facebook would get destroyed somehow, I think it’s been the catalyst to our social decline and it wouldn’t surprise me a bit if there was some truth to this, it’s a social experiment that plays With people’s psyche and emotions

Trouble is, my brutha.. Another one just pops up in its place. Hell, it already has.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It appears that in addition to the usual complaints we see regarding Facebook, as of today it is being widely reported that Facebook was somehow being used to facilitate a human trafficking operation- and more, that Facebook was aware of what was going on but did nothing to curtail what was taking place.

Facebook and Sex Trafficking Accusations

The bottom line to the story was that some group of gangsters was smuggling Asian women into the US, to serve as sex workers under conditions that are more akin to slave labor of an exceedingly disgusting type than anything else.

USA Today broke the story, but the wires have been jabbering about it since. It's now being said that something like 40 Asian women were smuggled into the US, and were then put up as sex workers in Florida, Pennsylvania, and Virginia.

Facebook has since claimed that they knew all about it all along, and that they are the virtuous heroes who cracked the case... and so they're the ones who are claiming they knew about this shit. However, USA Today found that in reality, neither Facebook nor any of its personnel are mentioned at all in any of the FBI investigative reports, local police reports, depositions or other forms of direct evidence. Nobody from Facebook was called to the stand to testify.

Personally, I think that Facebook was fibbin' about all that... but it was a stupid kind of lie to tell.

Would have been smarter to act all surprised and to blather about shit you're gonna do to keep that from happening again. But instead, Facebook tried to put a spin on the story that's just too idiotic, and that's whether one believes their story or not.

Gotta love it.

--R :p

My wife's best friend has a "neighborhood girl" that has been caught up in that shit in the past, very recent past, but very low-level. Riverside and SB counties. Pretty much, she got with a guy over facebook, and that dude pimped her out, along with some other girls. She made it to a shelter, but she's her own worst enemy because she split the shelter and went right back to that shit. She's 20 years old.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I did that as an experiment.

i ended up with 5000 bots as ‘friends’ in just weeks.

Need I say it? "with friends like that.."

That sort of shit would drive me nuts.

Latest Threads