Face and neck tattoos

filtersweep

Reaction score
It's happening now. The generation is turning. You just need to look at wokeness to realize that. The "new generation" is taking hold.

Even commercials on TV are featuring younger people with multiple tattoos/piercings. Madison Avenue is never wrong. They know the sea change is here.

So, to answer your question... It will happen when the last of my generation ages out, probably within the decade.
I seriously wonder who actually watches 'TV commercials' in 2021.

My kids watch ZERO broadcast TV. They watch plenty of youtube, or they use smart TV streaming apps. But commercials are non-existent, unless we are watching live sports.... which in our home is mainly soccer, and the commercials are entirely avoidable.

I saw a bit of commercial TV while watching the Olympics-- what few minutes I actually watched. I quickly realized that I was NOT in their target demographic. I am barely over 50-- but it is like I no longer exist. No one wants to see a 50 year old driving a car, or wearing their clothes, or buying their products--- unless it is for a medical condition.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
It's happening now. The generation is turning. You just need to look at wokeness to realize that. The "new generation" is taking hold.

Even commercials on TV are featuring younger people with multiple tattoos/piercings. Madison Avenue is never wrong. They know the sea change is here.

So, to answer your question... It will happen when the last of my generation ages out, probably within the decade.
i don't know if it's a woke thing, really. kinda like you said, i think it's just a changing of the guard, similar to music. we look at the pop music and say "that shit ain't music" the same way our parents looked at our pop music and said the same thing.
same thing will happen to our kids, and their kids, and their kids.
in less than 20 years, more than half of the fortune 500 ceo's will have visible ink/piercings.

i swear if i were an alien from another planet and i visited earth, i'd ask why people even bother to have kids.
it sure ain't the math.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I seriously wonder who actually watches 'TV commercials' in 2021.

My kids watch ZERO broadcast TV. They watch plenty of youtube, or they use smart TV streaming apps. But commercials are non-existent, unless we are watching live sports.... which in our home is mainly soccer, and the commercials are entirely avoidable.

I saw a bit of commercial TV while watching the Olympics-- what few minutes I actually watched. I quickly realized that I was NOT in their target demographic. I am barely over 50-- but it is like I no longer exist. No one wants to see a 50 year old driving a car, or wearing their clothes, or buying their products--- unless it is for a medical condition.
All that considered, broadcast TV is watched by millions & millions of people of all ages. Advertising revenue drives broadcast TV. Advertisers market directly to target audiences. Why? Because it works. That has been proven over & over. If you watch the ads closely, you can determine who, in all but very specific cases (eg. pharmaceutical), they are directing their message(s) toward. In almost every case, it is 18- 34 year olds. It's been that way since the beginning of television.

This is why you are seeing the recent dramatic increases in racially and sexually diverse inclusion in televison ads. The "woke" generation wants to live like that. That is their world. Madiosn Ave could care less what color they are, or what gender they want to fuck.

What they do care about is identifying their marketed product with those people. And, showing tattoo'd, multi-racial, multi-gender people in their ads sells their product(s). They would not do it, if it didn't. And, that target audience is the 18-34 age group. So, yea - they ARE watching TV, even if your kids are not. Millions and millions of them are watching TV.

It's been shown time and time again that the direction of Madison Ave is the direction of the country. These folks know exactly what they are doing.

i don't know if it's a woke thing, really. kinda like you said, i think it's just a changing of the guard, similar to music. we look at the pop music and say "that shit ain't music" the same way our parents looked at our pop music and said the same thing.
same thing will happen to our kids, and their kids, and their kids.
in less than 20 years, more than half of the fortune 500 ceo's will have visible ink/piercings.

i swear if i were an alien from another planet and i visited earth, i'd ask why people even bother to have kids.
it sure ain't the math.
The woke inference was to the changing of the guard. They are replacing us. LOL

The alians should do us a favor and blow up our planet. it would be less painful. :laugh2:

neoclassical

Reaction score
I don't think its a good look on your face, but who gives a $hit. It's the employer that needs to get over their hangups if they can't get past appearances to the person within.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with other folks getting tats. I saw a waitress the other day with tats all over her arms. She was a little bigger than I normally skew (not fat), but her skin was flawless and nicely tanned. I thought that they looked pretty good.

I've got some things I still want to accomplish in life. I believe that having visible neck and face tattoos would make those things more difficult to achieve (not that I would ever consider getting them). I know that having a customer-facing employee with face and neck tats would likely make those things more difficult, too. So, I'd be unlikely to hire someone with them. It isn't personal, but it is my business that I have to protect.

Currently, I do not have any tattoos, but I am considering some on my shoulder(s) that would acknowledge truly important things in my life (***, family, country...). They would not be for many others to see, but for my own remembrance.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
I don't think its a good look on your face, but who gives a $hit. It's the employer that needs to get over their hangups if they can't get past appearances to the person within.
what if that employer is hiring salespersons for diabeetus medicines to boomers?
they should just "get over" their hangups about an appearance that will get doors slammed in the salespersons' faces and the employer won't make any money?
am i understanding you correctly?
as has been repeated stated or alluded to..... it depends on the job.

Zungle

Reaction score
Yep......that feels all warm and fuzzy.........

Now go a start a a retail/service type business and let us know how it goes.........

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
The alians should do us a favor and blow up our planet. it would be less painful. :laugh2:
i only believe in benevolent aliens, come down to show us the maths involved in getting married and having kids.

two word problems should clear it up pretty easily:
Problem 1....
Johnny goes to school and gets a good job. He stays single, bangs whatever chicks he wants, and even rents the occasional strange.
He makes X amount of money.
What percentage of X does he get to spend on whatever he wants (after taxes)?

Problem 2....
Peter goes to school and gets a job. He meets the love of his life and she quits her job so they can start a family.
Peter also makes X amount of money.
What percentage of X does Peter get to spend on whatever he wants?

Compare X1 to X2.

freak

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a sleeve on my left arm, some ink on my upper right and my chest. I'd like to get more on my right arm. I got my first tattoo at around 19 or so. I actually had a few removed, that as I got older I actually regretted. (I'm 56 now). Hurt worse than the original tattoo and cost a lot more. That being said, to each his own, just make sure you are ok to live with consequences. I was pretty heavily inked by 21, and had hair halfway down my back. Got a few strange looks (late 80's early 90's) but never felt judged when I coached youth softball (girls 12-14) for 13 years, as parents could see I had their kids best interests at heart. Never cared about dumb looks from strangers either. I just gave it right back.
That being said, I would not get a face or neck tattoo. When I first got mine, they really were not mainstream, nowadays, almost every profession has them somewhere. It's all good. Judge the person.

Regarding facial and neck ink: Rock stars, truck drivers, welders, blue collar types, people who do not have to deal with the public, or have a real specific skill set that people really need and may be hard to come by....all good.

But again, to each their own. I am in the live and let live camp.

Last edited:

Tone deaf

Reaction score
My dad (working 1955-2000) wore a jacket and tie to work, every day. If we went out to dinner in public, same thing. Every Sunday the whole family went to church and he was wearing a suit and tie. In the waiting room of my dad's medical office there were stacks of magazines. They ordered so many, the company would send other titles, free. Even though they were free, he banned anything that he thought could reflect poorly on his reputation. The banned titles included: "Rolling Stone," "Ms.," "Vanity Fair," "Cosmopolitan," "High Times (obviously)," etc. I doubt he would have hired anyone with a tattoo, if he knew he/she had a tattoo.

Appearances and image are important elements to business.

Latest Threads