Faber Nashville to ABR Conversion Kit

fendrix

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Faber ABR 1 bridge and I have a couple of questions.

One of the saddles in the Nashville bridge of my Tribute LP is already maxed out , and I've read ABR1 bridges have less adjustment travel. So I guess I won't be able to intonate my guitar if I get an ABR1?

Also, Faber offers a combination of titanium saddles for the low strings and brass for the high strings, anyone has experiences with this saddle combo?

Thanks!

fendrix

Reaction score
Thanks! I hope turning the saddle gives me enough room for intonation

mandobandit

Reaction score
good luck I have the full locking Faber set up on my 2016 Trad and it is quality kit, I bought extra saddles screws and retainer clips as spares though I have not had need to use them.
when you install the ABR give the stock setup a go youmay find it is very close out of the gate

fendrix

Reaction score
thanks, yea I'm also getting the full locking setup! getting extra saddle screws sounds like a wise move.

did you need to file the pre-notched saddles?

Last edited:

mandobandit

Reaction score
thanks, yea I'm also getting the full locking setup! getting extra saddle screws sounds like a wise move.

did you need to file the pre-notched saddles?
I can't say that I needed to I left them be at first, but I have a habit tinkering so I did use abrasive cord to define them a bit more

MSB

Banned
Reaction score
save your money, buy a PLT ABR, spend a few bucks on extra saddles if needed, drill it out for the nashville studs, be a happy camper at 1/3 the cost.

not trying to knock faber, but i've been unimpressed with their stuff, when they're other options that check the boxes for less.

JeffH66

Pelham Blue Addict
Reaction score
I actually picked up a Faber bridge and tailpiece here in the Classifieds for a great deal vs what they are new. I would imagine Reverb or eBay might yield a used setup too. Or, as many guys as there are on this site who buy them, you might post a WTB ad here. I can only imagine how many sets are out there in drawers or boxes from upgraded guitars that have been traded or sold.

I haven't got around to installing my Faber set yet, but they are going on my 57' RI.

Good luck.

Frogfur

Reaction score
I've got a Faber bridge on my Gibson, Les Paul. The only difference being mine has the solid machined brass saddles which i like.
See for yourself -
IMG_20180831_115259_9700.jpg

PierM

Reaction score
Recently I’m using the Faber ABR-N, drop in ABR1 that works with Nashville posts. Great option for your consideration. Here in gloss and aged gold;

rtTX

Reaction score
Well, if you decide to go Faber your timing's perfect as they currently have a 20% Off Labor Day sale going on through Monday, 09/03.

Tone is of course subjective but I like Faber's "HYBRIDge" option with its 3 Ti saddles for the bass strings and 3 brass saddles for the treble side a lot. Ti saddles on the treble strings sound too bright to my ears so the more traditional 6 all steel nickel plated saddles would be my second choice.

As for the conversion posts, the BSWKIT is a bit more time consuming but well worth the effort IMO. Installation Video (top right): https://faberusa.com/videos/

Finally, I would not hesitate to call the owner, Larry Corsa, with any other concerns you may have about a return or exchange in the unlikely event you're not able to properly intonate the ABR. Larry's definitely one of the good guys out there - knows his products and goes above and beyond to take care of his customers. Good luck!

Last edited:

Latest Threads