Faber. I am floored

revtime

Reaction score
I didnt expect how much difference this made. It really left my jaw on the floor.
I had found a set of Seth Lovers pickups in this Slash NRB I bought used. So I wanted to upgrade the hardware to match.
I went with the Faber kit. Easy install, quality components. I did a fret polish and installed some black burst type knobs and locking tuners.
This is gunning for my strat as my number one guitar now. Its absolutely turkish twisted my brain.
20220812_200810_copy_2250x3000.jpg

JohnnyN

Just another old geezer
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use Faber bridges, tailpieces and locking studs on all my Les Pauls.
Depending on the particular guitar the effect is more or less noticeable.

whatshisname

Reaction score
There's a reason I use their hardware on all of my guitars! Sometimes the difference is smaller. But, most often, it's a major transformation. Good stuff!

DrBGood

Reaction score
I didnt expect how much difference this made. It really left my jaw on the floor.
I had found a set of Seth Lovers pickups in this Slash NRB I bought used. So I wanted to upgrade the hardware to match.
I went with the Faber kit. Easy install, quality components. I did a fret polish and installed some black burst type knobs and locking tuners.
This is gunning for my strat as my number one guitar now. Its absolutely turkish twisted my brain.
View attachment 627639
So you upgraded everything at the simultaneously ? Pickups, hardware ... and knobs :) ?

DrBGood

Reaction score
Looks to me that the pickups were in the guitar when he got it.
Right ... missed that.

But I'm still doubtful about how major an improvement it is when you change a piece of hardware that requires strings to be replaced once it's installed. I wonder how one would react in a blind test where only strings were changed for new ones and then in a second test, where all new expensive hardware is installed, but ... with the one month old strings.

syco

Reaction score
Right ... missed that.

But I'm still doubtful about how major an improvement it is when you change a piece of hardware that requires strings to be replaced once it's installed. I wonder how one would react in a blind test where only strings were changed for new ones and then in a second test, where all new expensive hardware is installed, but ... with the one month old strings.
As the ever so wise Sheryl Crow once said " If it makes you happy .......It can't be that bad "

gevalt

Reaction score
On an SG, I replaced just the studs. I think I'm the only person in the world who only did that.

revtime

Reaction score
It did have new strings on it when I put new strings on it. Lol

RocketKing

Reaction score
Right ... missed that.

I understand what you mean but if you're used to the sound of new strings you know if something is different if you change the hardware.

revtime

Reaction score
Well its probably not as pronounced as I am making out but the improvement is there and its significant. I wasnt expecting that.
A small difference? Yes. This is more.
Thinking the lemon drop will be getting the same in a few weeks.

Latest Threads