he also has a signature edition Subaru.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
thank you for posting this.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
It occurs to me that I've never heard him talk before.
He didn't sound anything like I thought he would.
I like him. He almost reminds me of Dave Grohl. He's so nice, it's hard to believe that he's such a beast with music.

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
he's very polite and soft spoken. Bit of a nerd, loves comics and old monster movies and stuff.

Seeing him playing on the Cliff Em All VHS is why I started playing guitar. It was many years before I appreciated James really, all I cared about was lead guitar when I started.

Him, Yngwie, Alex Skolnick, Mustaine, ... all that crazy fast over the top shit really rung my bell when I was a kid.

Tone deaf

Reaction score

Been waiting for this for months
I'm not a huge Metallica fan. I am familiar with some of their music. I once taught myself to play "Enter Sandman." However, I really enjoyed watching that video. I had youtube open in another tab and when he would mention a key song. I'd pause the video and play it on youtube. I don't think that I had ever seen the "One" video. I actually think it's pretty cool. They (Metallica) have definitely influenced acts that I do enjoy, like Five Finger Death Punch. I guess I will have to do a deep dive into their library and see what comes up (I hope I have more success than I did when I listened to the entire Nine Inch Nails library and didn't find a song I liked).

LPMarshall Hack

Reaction score
I’ll have to watch this soon. I just got done with the Bob Rock one. I need a break!

LP1865

Reaction score

He's even wearing his signature crybaby shoes in the video
thank you for posting this.
No problem

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well... being a Subaru with a back seat, it'll never be more than 1/4 of the way down, even in the fast lane on the freeway.

Geeez I swear Subaru drivers were put on this planet for no other reason than to fuck up traffic.

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm not a huge Metallica fan. I am familiar with some of their music. I once taught myself to play "Enter Sandman." However, I really enjoyed watching that video. I had youtube open in another tab and when he would mention a key song. I'd pause the video and play it on youtube. I don't think that I had ever seen the "One" video. I actually think it's pretty cool. They (Metallica) have definitely influenced acts that I do enjoy, like Five Finger Death Punch. I guess I will have to do a deep dive into their library and see what comes up (I hope I have more success than I did when I listened to the entire Nine Inch Nails library and didn't find a song I liked).
Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, & ...And Justice For All,... are fantastic records and a very cool progression in songwriting skills and guitar chops.

After that they went to Enter Sandman and changed their sound dramatically.

The first album Kill Em All is a lot of fun, it's fast and raw.

Though if I had to pick out just a few to recommend it would be those three albums, and probably Garage Days Re-Revisted. It's a short 5 song EP of cover songs, but it's a very cool one.

:thumb: cheers.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, & ...And Justice For All,... are fantastic records and a very cool progression in songwriting skills and guitar chops.

After that they went to Enter Sandman and changed their sound dramatically.

The first album Kill Em All is a lot of fun, it's fast and raw.

Though if I had to pick out just a few to recommend it would be those three albums, and probably Garage Days Re-Revisted. It's a short 5 song EP of cover songs, but it's a very cool one.

:thumb: cheers.
I still really like the Black album... Load was where they really went downhill for me.
But I do have and like Garage Inc, including most of their more recent cover tunes.
When I was in college, I always wanted to "rock up" Turn the Page, but I couldn't quite get the sound that I wanted.
Metallica flat out nailed exactly what was buried in my head that I never quite pulled out.

It's too bad they blew the video concept on "Wherever I May Roam"... the stripper thing just didn't fit the song.
Actually, the stripper theme would have worked better with "Wherever"... the lyrics don't specifically mention anything specific to a band. That song could have been about a musician, biker, farm worker, or a 1970's era IBM employee.
Turn the Page is pretty specific.

Latest Threads