F***ing Deer

rabidhamster

Reaction score
Insurance adjuster came today. $5400 damage.

According to them, it's worth $2600 so bye bye car.

I'm gonna miss that car.
Sorry to hear, hope you find or found something better!

Scooter2112

Reaction score
((Knocks on wood)). I haven't hit one yet with a vehicle, but did my part in harvesting a nice 10 point this last Sunday morning in Southeast Ohio (compound bow). It's about 110 miles home from there and the freeway was pretty littered with carcasses. Had to head back at dusk and was counting my blessings all the way home.

Seeing some dudes ripping down the highway on their murder-cycles this time of year without a helmet always induces a significant pucker factor.

Glad that you're ok. :thumb:

RobV

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
True dat! I won't ride anytime near dusk now. Things are dumb as squirrels right now. Dead bucks all over the place.
Just put mine up for winter & deer...lol Holidays are coming,will be to busy to really go riding since my ol' lady decided we are now where all the family get togethers are going to be :sadwave:

Thank god the remodel starts inside this spring and I get to build me a nice 2 room man cave:slash:

kevinpaul

Reaction score
Deer Whistles for Christmas and a Claper. OP ED opposite my editorial, there is an upscale community near by named MT Lebanon. These people put everything into their land scraping and the White Tail heard loves it. All those beautiful yards has brought other heards over to take a look. Now they think that this community of lawyers and doctors has more deers than the Allegheny National Forest. They built a big cage and they want the deers to go in this cage volunteerly and get their head blown off. It's a plane but no volunteers, so they get this stuff that smelled like a deer sex organ from Mars. They got some from Venus too and they had more deers volunteers than would fit.
People looked on, they could only use a bow. Fire arms thing in the Great State of Mt Lebanon. Deer 1 get the arrow in its eye. Takes a long time to die. People got sick and the crying and that was it. The cage was taken down and returned to Sears I think. After seeing that animal suffering and as weird about eyes, no more talk about deers. The homeless got the deer. They are all city kids and know nothing about dead deers with an arrow stuck in its eye. So they took that deer and put it in the lobby of a large bank down town. People walked around it for the better part of the business day. I don't know what ever happened to it. So it goes.

scott1970

Reaction score
The State of Alabama criminalized your thread title only three years ago.

I reckon they all slip over to Mississippi now. I've always heard Mississippi has fine pigs. They define a "fine" pig as one that won't squeal on you!

HeartString

>>>RSIYH<<<
Reaction score
I was riding a motorcycle from NJ to MA many years ago and at about 2:30 am on a big corner I changed lanes from center to right seconds before a huge pile of deer hamburger showed up in the center lane. I would have bought the farm big time if I was still in that lane. I lost a friend to a moose accident. Glad you didn't get hurt.

truckermde

Reaction score
The State of Alabama criminalized your thread title only three years ago.

I reckon they all slip over to Mississippi now. I've always heard Mississippi has fine pigs. They define a "fine" pig as one that won't squeal on you!
Lol!!

That's what I thought this thread was about too!!

Dilemma

Loud Pipes Ruin Naps
Reaction score
I worry about plowing into them on my motorcycle on my way in to work. Damn things are everywhere around here.

Digger

Dingo Lover!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
So I guess that raises a question and the answer is probably going to vary from state to state, but under what conditions can you shoot them?

rogue3

Reaction score
Nice resurrection kev. The deer here in 4 yrs have increased 10 fold.Its an enclosed greenbelt,connected to the oak ridges moraine.I used to drive deer alley everyday...take the train now...but when i do drive it...slowly.Especially at dusk/night,this time of year.But hey,we are Canadian...where are the moose!

Last edited:

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
I had an attempted suicide a couple of years back. Driving home from work, after midnight, on my two-lane back-country road when a four-or five-pointer panicked and started running alongside my truck, maybe a little ahead. I slowed down from 30, the bastard did too. I sped up, he did too, and right as I was passing him he leapt.

He hit the very ass-end of my Ranger, and apparently stuck an antler into my passenger-side taillight, and bounced off. As I slowed down and checked six in my mirror, I could see him bathed in brakelights clambering to his hooves.

Next morning, checked the truck -- taillight cover was missing about a square inch of plastic.

I've been lucky, in five years, that's the closest I've come.

Had a coworker that got three in four years -- his insurance company started investigating deeper with each claim.

LP121

Reaction score
As an update: I ended up taking my wife's car and she got a new Ford Escape. She wins. :laugh2:

Dolebludger

Reaction score
I just got a new car with a feature that is supposed to stop the car quickly and automatically in he case of a deer, bear, pedestrian, etc. And if I am going faster in cruise control, it is supposed to do the same thing. Don't know who (or if) it works yet. But we have so many deer around here, nd that's why I went for those options.

Latest Threads