F***ing Deer

Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles loves you. Mwah! ♥
Reaction score
this time of year it's impossible to be aware enough to stay out of their way.
When the chase is one, they are moving!

I sometimes worry about getting run over walking from the driveway to the front porch.

Dinner! :yesway:

LP121

Reaction score
Thanks for the well wishes everyone. It'll be a shame if the car is totalled, I love that little car.

jc2000

Reaction score
Yup, Pa is really bad for deer. I see new ones spread on the road every morning on my way to work. I hit one about 4 years ago, Im surprised it doesn't happen more often.

Brians Evil Twin

Poophoria Sōtō Zen
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I have an 11 mile commute and I see 2 or 3 new carcasses every morning. Sometimes, if they get hit square on by a semi, there's a huge blood patch at the impact point, and a trail of it to the body. Looks like a scene from a Tarantino movie....:laugh2:

Useless critters they are.

kevinpaul

Reaction score
The Pennsylvania dear are stupid, I believe they try to commit suicide and take someone with them. I lucky, Lina crashes my car before we leave the garage area. Step into Lina's world, gas and brake pedals are the same and brick walls walk in front of cars. That might be true to some extent. The same garage wall killed two of my fleet drones. I had three never at the same time, the last one just flew off. The control unit stopped working as it headed off to down town Pittsburgh a big time no fly zone.

THDNUT

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good thing you weren't driving the Lambo. :shock:

RustyNuts

Reaction score

I got one a few weeks ago, $9500 in damage. A coworker hit one last week and totalled his car, then a girl in our office hit one on the way to work last night. From the look of things, her car is probably totalled as well. It buckled the hood and shoved it up against the windshield, hit and bent the roof, busted up the radiator and supports, took off a Fender and deployed all the airbags.

Edit to add: Funny that my phone corrects "fender" to "Fender".

winexprt

Reaction score
That sucks. Glad you're not hurt.

Perfect example of how we need to control the deer population.

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
Glad to hear you're ok!
They are crazy buggers.
Hope you don't get to screwed by insurance.
I have to wade through them just to get out of my driveway.

Deer 2012_03.jpg

BrianB

Reaction score
Had a doe cross in front of me this morning on my way to work...left to right. Missed it by less than 20 feet @ 40MPH.

Huntin' venison with a Ford Ranger prolly ain't the way to go.... :laugh2:

@ OP...glad you're OK..sorry 'bout your car.

darth550

Reaction score
I almost hit one doing 160 in Central New Jersey and another friend of mine did, although not going nearly as fast, and totaled his Ferrari.

LP121

Reaction score
Yup, Pa is really bad for deer. I see new ones spread on the road every morning on my way to work. I hit one about 4 years ago, Im surprised it doesn't happen more often.
I noticed on my way home this afternoon that there's 4 more laying beside the road within a mile of where I got mine. :shock:

Sledge

Reaction score
I'm so glad this thread isn't about bestiality, as the title suggested! :shock:

Sorry about the mishap LP121. Thankfully you weren't injured. I've heard some really horrific stories.

Digger

Dingo Lover!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
We live in a rural area and a woman we know was driving her daughters new car back after dropping her off at the station. Not far from her small town she was confronted by a large stag which was in the middle of the road so she stopped and got out to shoo it out of harms way. The bloody thing went her!

She jumped back into her daughters shiny new car only to have the deer apply it's very large rack to the drivers door trying to get her! The soft velvet did no actual harm to the car but you can imagine her wondering how to explain the damage to her daughter.

She has vowed to leave them to their own devices from now on~

nauc

Reaction score
i just cant believe people FEED THEM! great, just what we need.. MORE DEER AROUND!

Latest Threads