Ezdrummer 2

SWeAT hOg

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
Good day to all!

I see this is on sale for USD$70. Anyone have experience with this? Is it really 'easy' to use? I don't need cutting edge software, I justwant to mess around on garageband with some riffs I've made up.

CerebralGasket

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been using it since 2007 as a plug-in with Logic Pro. Started out with the first version and have been on the updated second version since it was released.

I create a drum track in Logic Pro, load the plug-in and import midi files of drum tracks of songs that I want to learn.

If you want to do originals, it’s real easy to drag and drop loops and fills into a drum track of your DAW.

Last edited:

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
NGG I love EZ Drummer. There is a bit of a learning curve, and it can be frustrating at times. As a teacher I think you would like this guy's videos, which cover everything you'd want to know. There's a lot of videos but you only need to watch the ones that apply to you.

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Ez drummer isn’t called EZ for nothing. Definitely ez to use. You’re fortunate YouTube is in full swing. I bought EZD when it was brand new and spent many nights awake learning how to program and record.

Mookakian

Reaction score
I have it, Pretty impressive drum sounds. Personally i hate a machine play9ng with me but if i had to id use it more, you can design your own beat to the Core or use a generic beat and switch up the fills and such. I hate that you only get to download and activate it a certain amount of times though, 5 i think... which means if you upgrade your desktop amd laptop you only have one more, thay part is bs

Mookakian

Reaction score
Sweet thank NGG noce to wake up to some tunes, Funky Mumma had that killer off kilter vibe i love in your stuff, was picturing Ren and Stimpy strutting down a street woth sunnies on set in the 60s

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Cheaper and equally as cool sounds in my opinion are Steve Slate drums. Similar user experience.

drugprowlingwolf

Reaction score
I love EZ drummer for cutting demos and writing. Intuitive, sounds good, pretty simple. Highly recommended.

I also dig EZ keys for the odd keyboard part, though I certainly use it a lot less.

Rocco Crocco

Reaction score
I've been using Superior Drummer 2. The drum sounds are more detailed than in EZ Drummer IMO. I do think Superior Drummer requires more mixing than EZ to get them to sound great.

This track uses Superior Drummer. This isn't my song... I mixed it for someone else. He sent me the drum MIDI, which I dumped into SD2. I tried using EZ Drummer for this track, but SD2 sounds better to me.

https://soundcloud.com/rocco-crocco%2Fmake-things-better-rough-mix

Latest Threads