Extra Loop in my "L"...Anyone Else?

Jiffzillla

Reaction score
I am the proud owner of a 2006 LP Standard LE in the Manhattan Midnight finish. We are all familiar with the cursive "Les Paul" on the headstocks of these gorgeous guitars, my problem is this: The "Les Paul" in cursive on this particular breed is etched into the truss rod plate. I presume it's some etching machine that does this and I'm also guessing that this machines is programmed in some way so as to have the same result each time it's used. My "L" in Les Paul has an extra loop at the end of it before the "e" starts. Anyone else come across this weirdness?

LoKi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Its not a fake. Its a truss road cover. It could have cracked or anything, and was replaced by a cheaper brand...

I didn't think the LE's had anything on the truss rod cover from the factory. I thought they had the Leaf emblem on the headstock and a black with creme edge truss rod cover...

I'd suggest going to the store and checking out some of the others. Might be a mistake on the machines part, it does happen, or a replaced part, or some tiny detail unique to the series of guitar.

Don't over think it... its not a fake. Its just a truss rod cover. :)

LoKi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

All of the Limited I've seen were like this... But I really don't know...

LoKi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic from the Gallery of the same guitar, but with the TRC you mentioned.

Is that what yours looks like?

Here's a pic of Gibson standard TRC's.

Jiffzillla

Reaction score
Yes!! That's exactly what mine looks like. Seems on that truss rod cover in the pic of the four, the custom seems to have a little extra loopy-loo too. Not quite as pronounced as the LE, but it's there. At least I know I'm not the only one. Thanks, Loki!! Now I can sleep at night! LOL:applause:

Latest Threads