Extra Cabinet for Handsome Devil Combo

ext1jdh

Reaction score
The stock Eminence in Blackhearts is not the greatest. It can be swapped out very easily. You can grab another Blackheart cab that will fit physically and aesthetically and drop any 12" speaker into it with very little fuss.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice everyone.

rocknhorse1: Yea I have thought about used, but I have this $100 gift card for GC and there is the bulk of the money to puchase the extra cab. Those two speakers do have a very similar sound, which is probably why they work well together. That cab I tried was very different from the Blackheart speaker which I did not even like alone through the Blackheart amp.

So.. My thoughts. I will pickup a new Blackheart cab and let it get broken in for a bit. I would now have matching speakers and I do like the overall tone from the Blackheart, so it should do well and fill out the tone some more pushing 2x12. While I am breaking in the new speaker I will still keep on the researching and If I want to change the tone a bit, I can get two new sweet speakers and swap my Blackhearts out at a later time.

This way I will have a matching combo and speaker cabinet that look good together and can improve the sound if need be at a later time when I get somemore cash. My wife asked if I was done for a while when I brought that cabinet home yesterday. I said yea... hmm... Now I am taking it back and getting a Blue Snowball mic as well as the Blackheart cabinet. I figure I will get the snowball now while I can still save $20 on spending $99 or more at GC rather than in two weeks when I was planning on buying the mic anyway. Then I will be done for a little while possibly.

Latest Threads