Explosions at Boston Marathon..

Status
Not open for further replies.

colchar

Banned
Reaction score
Hopefully everyone here has heard from friends and family who were at the race and know by now that they are all safe but, in case anyone is still awaiting word, I just heard the number that I mentioned upthread which people can call for info on family, and possibly friends, so here it is: 617-635-4500.

I also posted it as a tag on this thread in case anyone seeing this needs it (can mods post slightly longer tags to make it clear what that tag refers to?).

Udonitron

Psychedelic Stoner Rock
Reaction score
This is probably my fault. It happened in my hometown and I did some chest thumping. btw I prefer killers rot in prison. Lets bring it back to normal and I'll head out. Sorry.
No need to apologize mate, my heart and understanding go out to you.
Being there hits home, always does but direct that energy towards volunteering to help etc or just keep a good mindset for those poor people directly affected.
That has got to be rough, I cannot imagine.

Ken

Reaction score
So, I'm definitely not getting into the politics of this one, just an observation.

I grew up on the marathon route, about a mile from the start. I had the day off today (first marathon I've watched in years due to work). My son (2 1/2 year old) and I went to my moms to see the marathon. As it is right near the start, the runners are in huge groups. I had my boy on my shoulders, and I had the eerie feeling and thought that this was a good recipe for disaster these days. I then mentally chalked it up to my cynical mind that's seen too much. Damn, I wish I was wrong.

One thing I KNOW for sure. The world my son is growing up in sure as hell isn't the one I did.

MUSTANGCAT

Reaction score
You best not go over the the Marshall forum then. There are a couple of regular posters there, and one in particular, who are real conspiracy theory nutjobs and they are already insinuating shit about this tragedy.
I stopped going there because of all the right wing nut jobs who think they own that forum. I'm tired of little kids licking Slash's nutsack 24/7 as well. Like Bloomfield wrote in the forward of that instruction book, "Learn them all but, go beyond them and find yourself." Mike phrased it differently. I usually come on here or Gibson forums now.

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I stopped going there because of all the right wing nut jobs who think they own that forum. I'm tired of little kids licking Slash's nutsack 24/7 as well. Like Bloomfield wrote in the forward of that instruction book, "Learn them all but, go beyond them and find yourself." Mike phrased it differently. I usually come on here or Gibson forums now.
Can't say you weren't warned...

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
20 year old Saudi student from what I'm seeing on the news... "the suspect."

GuitarToneFreak

Reaction score
20 year old Saudi student from what I'm seeing on the news... "the suspect."
I had seen that earlier, but I thought the reports of a suspect were debunked.

Has something changed? Because that'd be awesome, but I thought the suspect story turned out to be bogus when ran by the hospital.

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I had seen that earlier, but I thought the reports of a suspect were debunked.

Has something changed? Because that'd be awesome, but I thought the suspect story turned out to be bogus when ran by the hospital.
Hour ago or so, from a "Federal" unnamed source.

River

Reaction score
Hour ago or so, from a "Federal" unnamed source.
You have unnamed Federal sources? How cool is that?

William Bratton, the former police commissioner of Boston, Los Angeles and New York, said it's important investigators approach the case with an open mind.

"You start with the assumption that you know nothing," he said.
I really don't give a fvck about the perps' nationality. But we're not in perp mode yet. At absolute best, we're in suspect mode. And we all know how that goes.

I don't know where the "scape" in scapegoat comes from. But I sure know where the "goat" part comes in.

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
"Pat Dollard - The War Starts Here"

Oh, that's fvckin' precious.
I just googled some key words and grabbed a link. I was watching Hannity, passively (while dropping in on my parents), which is where I heard it.

b-squared

Banned
Reaction score
I'm willing to go out on a limb and suggest it's a domestic group or a lone wolf. It just doesn't seem to fit the mold of the type of bombing you might see, for example, in Jerusalem.

Low yield explosion, low death toll, explosion partially contained by whatever the IED was in (suggested it was trash can), which resulted in all of the lower extremity wounds/injuries.

Detonation either by timer or cellular device, which suggests the perps were not willing to die for their cause--better to cause injury and confusion than risk killing themselves in the process.

I'm thinking a lone wolf who thinks he/she has a cause, or some sort of small splinter group that has a bone to pick with the government. This looks an awful lot like an episode of "Law and Order: Criminal Intent."

RIP to those killed, and blessings to those that lived. Today was a terrible day in Boston, and the USA. God help us.

BB

Paracelsian

Reaction score
Suspect smuspect....
For now my thoughts are only with the victims and their families.
Just got off the phone with my traumatized bro who made the mistake of dl'ing some attachments a student sent him, the guy in the wheelchair was actually in better condition than most of his group. Terrible.

LPSGME

Reaction score
I really don't give a fvck about the perps' nationality. But we're not in perp mode yet. At absolute best, we're in suspect mode. And we all know how that goes.
True. I just hope they don't consider any political connections when investigating the suspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads