Explorer Style Kit

Led747

Reaction score
Afternoon all,
I have been thinking about building a customized Explorer style guitar for a few years now, and am starting to think seriously about it. Would anyone here have any recommendations for a set-neck, 1984 style (no top routing) body kit built to American specs?
My idea is for it to be same hardware and configuration as a Gibson, I am focusing on a custom finish for the most part, maybe have a professional do custom inlays in the future. Thanks help and \m/.

smk506

Reaction score
Precision guitar kits makes an explorer kit. Longish wait times, but you can choose if you want too routing or not, plus pick wood types and neck size.

I haven’t always been thrilled by theIt communications, but I’ve heard that’s improved, and the build quality is really excellent.

Led747

Reaction score
Thanks smk, this looks like just what I am looking for. Do you happen to know if they do custom inlays, especially from CAD files? Thanks!

smk506

Reaction score
Thanks smk, this looks like just what I am looking for. Do you happen to know if they do custom inlays, especially from CAD files? Thanks!
No idea, but I have a hunch they used to offer that. I’d hit them up and ask them, someone mentioned they respond quickest to facebook awhile ago, try there if you’re signed up.

Josh Young

Reaction score
You might try asking @pshupe here. He's done some kits for people that have looked great. I have no affiliation, and no idea where his price point is compared to an outfit like precision, but if you want something beyond the level of customization that Precision offers, he'd be a good place to check.

Latest Threads