Experiences with 220-->110 Voltage Converters?

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting to acquire a Cornell Plexi 7, but they are not easy to come by here in the USA. I'm considering buying one from UK, but it would necessitate a 220-->110 voltage converter.

Looking for feedback: good luck, worthless; what is your take?

Brek

Reaction score
I have done it the other way round, but wasn’t an audio critical usage, just a region 1 dvd I bought from USA before they were launched in U.K years ago. I think you have to spend to get good power out. I am sure some golden ears won’t like it though, something to do with the fact it doesn’t convert the cycles Iirc, so you would be getting 110v converted to 240v 60hz not 50hz like amp would be expecting.

Last edited:

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have done it the other way round, but wasn’t an audio critical usage, just a region 1 dvd I bought from USA before they were launched in U.K years ago. I think you have to spend to get good power out. I am sure some golden ears won’t like it though, something to do with the fact it doesn’t convert the cycles Iirc, so you would be getting 110v converted to 240v 60hz not 50hz like amp would be expecting.
Yeah, I was kinda (sic) afraid of that.

Brek

Reaction score
I had a quick look to see if I could find the power transformer specs, no luck though. What happened to the switchable power devices all the old amps used to have? Used a coin to turn them, easy peasy.

Latest Threads