Expensive NGD, 18 R7

bugman

Reaction score
I have not been on the forums in a long time. Sold all my Historics awhile back and been wanting another for a long time. Picked up a 335 dot neck a few months ago. Then the new Standards come out and I wanted one pretty bad. Went to GC today, Not my favorite place to shop. They had two of the 50s Standard’s gold and tobacco burst . Tried both unplugged and the TB was dead wood and heavy the gold top rang out nice and clear it was way better but the neck was more 60’s than 50s the TB had a nice neck. So like a fool I tried the 18 R7 They had marked down and it just killed both and a nice fat neck dark fret board. So with 48 months 0 financing it came home with me. Well back in the Historic game and I sure missed having one. No pics yet been playing it and we all know what a gold top looks like,,, lol
8C828E47-082F-41B2-B2AF-D9E92BBCC79F.jpeg
2B1C7F83-7C04-499D-AE46-6729F7F8552A.jpeg

Last edited:

Frozen Rat

Premium Member
Reaction score
I've made that mistake before. Before. Before. I have to avoid music stores because I'm like my wife in a purse store: have to be dragged out and the credit cards hidden. Still, that's a nice looking Les Paul. The one I have kept is a gold top too, except it's an R6. How much does yours weigh? I got super lucky and found one that's as close to spot on 8lbs as makes no difference.

frozenotter

Comradery, not Companionship Please
Platinum Supporter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful guitar! Congrats! "a while" is two words.

bugman

Reaction score
I've made that mistake before. Before. Before. I have to avoid music stores because I'm like my wife in a purse store: have to be dragged out and the credit cards hidden. Still, that's a nice looking Les Paul. The one I have kept is a gold top too, except it's an R6. How much does yours weigh? I got super lucky and found one that's as close to spot on 8lbs as makes no difference.
Not sure on the weight but I would guess around 8.8 it’s guitar center. I asked the kid to weigh it he comes back and says 10lbs

bugman

Reaction score
Nice!!! Great Gold Top!!!
Thanks man, I’m staying low key this time and no gas and looking for the perfect Flame. Top just a plain old GT that sounds and plays great, I got in a lot of trouble on the forums over the years, lol

DanD

Reaction score
Congrats!

Other than looks and neck size I see no difference between a '57 and a '59. GTs are still the best bang for the buck.

Enjoy it!

mdubya

Reaction score
Congrats on a great Goldtop!

Backside photos please!
:fingersx:

<--Assman.
:p o_O

XpensiveWino

Reaction score
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put a tomato in a fruit salad.

And depending on how it was used, 'awhile' is perfectly proper... https://www.grammarly.com/blog/awhile-a-while/

Sorry to digress, but if someone is going to be a ______ (insert your choice of word here), at least be correct. Or attempt to exercise wisdom.

Helluva good looking R7!! I don't care if I used that word correctly or not.