evolution of a pb

scrumm21

Reaction score
sitting at work on a Sat a.m. bored out of my mind ( I get off at Noon )
((Agreed to work in place of my boss who is sitting in a tree stand at the moment ( good for a few brownie points )
((laugh is on him cause weather Totally SUCKS here in central ky right now))

Here is the "Evolution" of my 'pedal board' since I discovered the wonderful world of electric guitars and pedals 5 years ago
at age 57 (as stated before I had literally never picked up a guitar prior to that)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

3b.jpg

skipping some of the evolution......

4.jpg

2019 - Current

MXR EQ is in frt of everything
'channel A' Polytune is by itself
channel B:
Boss CS3 -> Prince o Tone -> Jam Fuzz Phrase -> Modded RAT -> Neo Clone ->
Mxr Phase 90 -> Boss BF-2 -> Ditto Looper -> Amp Switcher

5.jpg

Like I said - I'm bored at work

Rich

Non sequitur
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sweet board! Definitely a fan of the Rat, Phase 90, and pretty much everything from Analogman. Boss Flanger was my very first pedal, still very cool. :thumb:

Rich

Non sequitur
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ooh! Going stereo is a very deep rabbit hole. I don't know if you just play at home or if you gig but, personally, i hate haulung around two amps. Plus, depending on the venue, they're probably going to mic just one amp or at least sum them both to one channel so you're coming through the PA in mono.

But, if you're just playing at gome, go crazy with it. Playing in stereo is a lot of fun! :D

Oldskoolrob

Reaction score
Ooh! Going stereo is a very deep rabbit hole. I don't know if you just play at home or if you gig but, personally, i hate haulung around two amps. Plus, depending on the venue, they're probably going to mic just one amp or at least sum them both to one channel so you're coming through the PA in mono.

But, if you're just playing at gome, go crazy with it. Playing in stereo is a lot of fun! :D
I use a Tech21 SansAmp so all I don't haul around any amps! Other band mates are jealous because I can carry all my gear in one trip :)
I think a stereo set-up though our PA has a lot of potential....We play small places where we provide PA which I mix as well.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I use a Tech21 SansAmp so all I don't haul around any amps! Other band mates are jealous because I can carry all my gear in one trip :)
I think a stereo set-up though our PA has a lot of potential....We play small places where we provide PA which I mix as well.
Question about the sansamp....does it need a cab sim when going straight to board? How do other pedals mix with it?

Oldskoolrob

Reaction score
It has a built-in cab sim which you can turn on or off. It mixes well with the pedals I have, the only werid thing being that my Tremolo has to be in front of it, not in the loop or you get a weird thump at the start of each note. Other than that it behaves very much like a regular amp. Here's the actual pedal I use: Liverpool deluxe

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
It has a built-in cab sim which you can turn on or off. It mixes well with the pedals I have, the only werid thing being that my Tremolo has to be in front of it, not in the loop or you get a weird thump at the start of each note. Other than that it behaves very much like a regular amp. Here's the actual pedal I use: Liverpool deluxe
I love that it has a loop. They appear as rare as hen's teeth.

Oldskoolrob

Reaction score
They are - I used to have the 'blonde' version as well and regret selling it. If they did the deluxe version of the 'Brittish' I'd be all over it.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
They are - I used to have the 'blonde' version as well and regret selling it. If they did the deluxe version of the 'Brittish' I'd be all over it.
That would be sweet. I'm now looking for a similar pedal. The Two Notes Le Crunch looks VERY interesting and is exactly what you describe.

@scrumm21 all apologies for the thread hijack. I DO love to see how your passion (obsession) has grown over the years.