EVH

pmonk

Reaction score
One of the best concerts I ever saw was Van Halen playing at Madison Square Garden in 1981 during the Mean Street tour (Fair Warning) tour.

Liam

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
He had fun playing guitar, and made it obvious; on record, in videos, but most of all when playing in front of audiences.

Truly sad news, we owe him the debt of enjoying the same instrument he so obviously loved. I'm going to try to do it with a smile on my face, but I'll miss his.

A genius, shaped my musical life without me ever playing within his genre.

Liam

goldtop0

Reaction score
Such a sad loss.......I've got the Beat It solo firmly stuck in my brain........man such a brilliant player God bless him.

Red Pharoah

Reaction score
Huge loss to the world. Long live his music. I think I spotted a couple of tapes that I made for him in that tape room. He was a huge inspiration to so many guitarists including me. Still have my beloved Charvel body and neck that I bought new in 1980 because of Eddie's music and talent. And also have one of his Music Man signature guitars, a bumblebee strat, and a VH1 black and white strat. Been a fan since 1977 and always will be. Thanks Eddie and all who worked with him in making some of the greatest rock and roll ever!! RIP.

Latest Threads