EVH LBX series 15w series anyone?

pillbug

Reaction score
Can anyone brief me on the differences of these 3 models? Would like something versatile with nice cleans and pedal-friendly.

Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 2.58.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 2.58.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 2.59.06 PM.png

Thanks

Last edited:

tzd

Reaction score
The Full-Size 5150 III amp has three channels:

Green - Clean
Blue - Crunch
Red - Lead

The three Lunchboxes have different combinations of two of the above channels:

LBX - Blue and Red
LBXII - Green and Blue
LBX-S - Green and Red

pillbug

Reaction score
The Full-Size 5150 III amp has three channels:

Green - Clean
Blue - Crunch
Red - Lead

The three Lunchboxes have different combinations of two of the above channels:

LBX - Blue and Red
LBXII - Green and Blue
LBX-S - Green and Red
Thank you! Looks like I'll be going with the LBXII.

Reactions: tzd

fry

Reaction score
The first LBX does not have the concentric gain and volume knobs, so it gives you less flexibility to tweak it.

pillbug

Reaction score
The first LBX does not have the concentric gain and volume knobs, so it gives you less flexibility to tweak it.
Thanks. I have the LBXII due to arrive today :)

Reactions: fry

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw one of those local to me as a used deal in a shop, didn't know enough about amps last year so passed on it. Wish i'd got it now. I am a fan of the lil ol' el84 now.

pillbug

Reaction score
I saw one of those local to me as a used deal in a shop, didn't know enough about amps last year so passed on it. Wish i'd got it now. I am a fan of the lil ol' el84 now.
I generally do not like EL84 amps, don't know if that's what is in these, but the LBXII sounds really good, especially on the Blue channel. It was just too loud for me, even at the low power setting. I am just a bedroom player. If I needed something for gigging, it would be this plus a lightweight cab.

I played it through a 2x10 cab with Weber Green Berets. Sounded great. The only thing, on the Blue channel, there did not seem to be a usable range of the Gain and Vol knobs. I could only turn up the gain about a hair, literally like one notch, and the Vol up about 2 notches, and it was like full tilt already.

I'd love an amp that sounds like this but takes a full 270-degree sweep to get to that spot that this one gets to in like 15 degrees.

EDIT: the amp I received was actually damaged in shipping and I had to send it back. One thing that was damaged was the Volume pot shaft. I wonder if that had anything to do with this zero to full tilt experience I had? Or is it normal?

Last edited:

Latest Threads