EVH dead at 65

workerunit

Reaction score
Eddie Van Halen has inspired, and will continue to inspire generations.

RIP Sir.

Roman4405

Reaction score
I was never the biggest VH fan but it’s obvious the impact that dude had on guitar and rock n roll.

The news just ran the story with Jump playing in the background. seriously, Jump? That’s the song they pick? There isn’t any damn guitar on that song!!!

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
We went from rock star Eddie

to meth Eddie (I never thought he'd pull through this)

to good place Eddie.

More than anything I'm glad Wolfie got him back on stage and was able to work with his dad.

How many of us made "that face" hearing the opening to this song. VH at their meanest and dirtiest. I'm thinking more kids are going to discover this 40 year old band.

mudface

Boo Bee
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was in the second row that evening..... during an early part of Eddie’s solo as he sat on a chair playing a rather melodic acoustic style improv when I yelled out “Eddie” he stoped and waved his finger at me.... as to say .... this ain’t shit.

Later one of my friends ran up to the stage where Sammy pulled him onto the stage where my friend ignored Sammy and walked up to shake Eddie’s hand.

:rofl:

Last edited:

MiniB

Reaction score
How many of us made "that face" hearing the opening to this song. VH at their meanest and dirtiest. I'm thinking more kids are going to discover this 40 year old band.
Fair Warning is my favorite VH album, the peak of an era in rock music that I describe as "When Van Halen ruled the world."

It's like in this song they're doing Rage Against The Machine better than Rage Against The Machine would. :p

Also had a track on that album titled "Unchained".....cute little tune.

fry

Reaction score
We went from rock star Eddie

to meth Eddie (I never thought he'd pull through this)

to good place Eddie.

More than anything I'm glad Wolfie got him back on stage and was able to work with his dad.

I remember a Guitar World cover with him when he was in a bad way. It was awful, he looked shockingly bad. In a rather short period of time, a cleaned up Eddie was back on the cover looking shockingly healthy. You could barely tell it was the same guy.

Bluesky

Reaction score
Grabbed a CD to listen to in the car tonight while on patrol...........don't care what people say........I grabbed Balance. Don't tell me.......that chugged Music Man riff.......I love it. Great albulm.

Clapton/Hendrix/ EVH. They will be the ones remembered 100 yrs from now.

Emmitt Fitzhume

Reaction score
RIP EVH. He's the one who inspired me to learn the guitar. I'm glad I got to see him on the 1984 and 5150 tours.

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
Devastating. Got the news at work and couldn't focus the whole rest of the day.

At home now jamming on my Charvel, a brand that owes its existence to Eddie, using a Floyd Rose, which owes its existence to Eddie.

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
Fair Warning is my favorite VH album, the peak of an era in rock music that I describe as "When Van Halen ruled the world."

It's like in this song they're doing Rage Against The Machine better than Rage Against The Machine would. :p

Also had a track on that album titled "Unchained".....cute little tune.
Definitely my favorite VH album, though most of my favorite songs are DLR goodtime tunes.
EVH using a lighter hand on a very dark song.

And lets not forget EVH playing a Wurlitzer electric piano through a Marshall. I love that sound!

Thunder Dump

That tickles
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
RIP and a true loss to the Rock & Roll world. The sheer number of people who took up the guitar after hearing him play will never be reproduced again. He was an innovator, an entertainer, and a hell of a songwriter.

A true hero of my youth--gone. :(

MiniB

Reaction score
Wonderful solo on 'Push....'. Also wasn't until fairly recently that I realized the opening solo on 'Dirty Movies' is with a slide. He could do anything.

Latest Threads