EVH dead at 65

JTM45

Reaction score
Wow what a shame

he was definitely an innovator and left us with some treasures

MiniB

Reaction score
I have great memories of listening to the first album in 78/79. Usually it was Mike, Randy and I sitting in Randy's room smoking dope and rattling the windows of the house we all rented rooms in. To a guy who was barely past cowboy chords back then, the guitar work was :wow::shock::run:. RIP, Ed
Van Halen's debut shook the earth.

Bluesky

Reaction score
I think we all knew this was coming. DLR hinted last year. Doesn't make it any easier. Guy smoked liked a California forest. Couldn't stop. Alex and Wolf must be besides themselves. Condolelences to them.. Good bye to a great era in American Music. Hope you are at peace.........

Stand by for a load of unreleased cuts and tribute music...................

Last edited:

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Saw Van Halen with Boston at the Spectrum in PHL back... well, back in the day. Late 70's. Before we moved to LA. There were no seats on the floor. It was during the "doors open and mad rush to the floor" era. We were on the floor in an area that, if there were seats, we would have been like row 5 center stage.

The point... all during the show there was this guy crawling around on the floor. To say he was fucked up would have been an understatement. He was barfing constantly, after which he would swig out of a plastic gallon jug, that was tied to his wrist with a length of clothesline.

Then, he was gone. Then, we saw him in the wings, stage left. You couldn't miss it. Guy with large plastic jug tied to his wrist. Backstage, during VH's set.

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
82 at MSG for me. I knew some of the guys in the opening act before they were ATF.

mudface

Boo Bee
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have missed hearing new music from EVH for some time..... he was a constant presence since VH started in 78 all the way through the 90s..... and kept creating something new and impressive all the way.... I have missed that for some time. I’m sure there is a lot of unreleased material..... we just won’t get to see him play it in person.

I was lucky to have seen VH at many different venues many times.... I will miss not having another opportunity to see him again. I will miss.

efstop

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't play any of Eddie's licks, but I can always revel in listening to him play them.

mudface

Boo Bee
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alice In Chains opened for VH at Shoreline Amphitheater (near SF CA) during the F.U.C.K tour. I was impressed by Alice with their awesome performance and VH had to top that.

They did..... effortlessly.

Latest Threads