EVH dead at 65

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Reaction score
I hope fender doesn't spike the price of their striped series guitars. They make the White, Red, and Yellow ones. It would be a shit move if they suddenly raise the prices of them
Just yesterday I looked in the morning, sweetwater still had ONE of the 25K bumblebee guitars. Not any more. Too much to sink into that, cool concept but I was contemplating ordering one of the Franky's earlier in the year and never did. Now those are on backorder. At least for the moment they've not jacked up the prices. If one place will do it, it will be the Music Zoo.....

Makes me mad I sold a kitbashed Franky I picked up about 8 yrs ago on the cheap....looked better than these imho!

Even had the reflectors!

With my '5150'-

Seven

Reaction score
"I saved up for a ’68 Goldtop Les Paul with single-coil P-90 pickups...So what do I do? I take the chisel to it right away!"

~ Eddie Van Halen

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
I told myself I was going to lay off the partscasters for a while, but Ed's death has me seriously contemplating a Bumblebee build. Dime was right, it is the toughest looking of his guitars.

Jeremiah

The Worst
Reaction score
I don't normally get like this when celebrities die but for some reason this one is hitting me. I got a little choked up watching their videos today, I don't know if it was because of what happened directly or more that another piece of my childhood is just gone.

I've already got a strat but I'm fixin' to piece together a 78 Eruption style build.

fry

Reaction score
I don't normally get like this when celebrities die but for some reason this one is hitting me. I got a little choked up watching their videos today, I don't know if it was because of what happened directly or more that another piece of my childhood is just gone.

I've already got a strat but I'm fixin' to piece together a 78 Eruption style build.
Funny, your post reminded me of guitar that I threw together a new years ago. It sits in the corner on a stand, and I hardly ever remember it’s even there, let alone pick it up. It was just a fun little project I did, not high-quality by any means, but it went together pretty well. I can’t remember what the body is, but the neck was a “Fame” by Hondo. It was just a fun thing to paint it and get all the parts gathered and put together. I even got the knob that says “tone“ on it for the single volume control.
1CB9E358-FBA7-4E90-9076-EB39B961C3DC.jpeg

pondcaster

Reaction score
May have been mentioned and if so, apologies.

Just a quick PSA: noticed about an hour ago that the Sirius XM radio channel #27 (normally Deep Tracks) is currently VH Tribute channel.

Almost seem to be alternating between dlr and Sammy... Great stuff. Such great bands.

Love walks in right now...!

Spartom

Reaction score
Aaaaand some prick is trying to profit off Eddie’s death.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/10/14/eddie-van-halen-original-guitar-body-rest-patent-for-sale-auction/

Eddie Van Halen's musical genius is unquestioned -- turns out the guy was a bit of a design wiz too, and the nuts and bolts of his iconic inventions could soon be yours to own.

Memorabilia collector Eric Kuck tells TMZ ... he owns an original U.S. patent Eddie submitted in 1985. It includes a mockup Eddie submitted for his "musical instrument support" device, which is really just a guitar body rest that allowed him to free up both hands.

Kuck says he's got the OG drawings -- which are very detailed and totally rad -- plus the certificate of authenticity with Eddie's John Hancock ... so folks know it's legit.

Kuck's planning to sell it in a silent auction at his brother's Tampa-area business, Carrollwood Fine Wine and Spirits -- bidding goes from Oct. 15 to Nov. 15.

Ideally, Kuck wants someone from Eddie's own family to score his treasure. He would be willing to work with the Van Halen family on an agreement if they were interested.

As for how much the patent docs could fetch, Kuck tells us the sky's the limit ... especially since Eddie passed away just last week after a long battle with cancer. FWIW, Kuck says he paid $800 for the paperwork about 15 years ago through an auction ... obviously, it'd be worth a lot more now.

One last thing ... Kuck says a portion of the proceeds will be donated to the American Cancer Society and the Free Rider Fellowship Church in Plant City, Florida.
The guy’s last name checks out.

DADGAD

Reaction score
Some people seem to try to take advantage of a celeb death. This Wolfgang is “only” 40k. Complete with Gary Cherone sig. Buy it now only 60k

TheX

just some do0d
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the closest thing I'll have to an EVH memory guitar. I love the guitar, just not interested in any of the replicas.

00404_7wtpdKhNBzO_0jm0ew_1200x900.jpg

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
I keep going back and forth between a Bumblebee and a 5150. Thinking of maybe splitting the different, Bumblebee paint on a Kramer.

Reactions: Who

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
Some people seem to try to take advantage of a celeb death. This Wolfgang is “only” 40k. Complete with Gary Cherone sig. Buy it now only 60k

I remember the day Boxcar Willie died. Seriously. I worked for a media company and whenever someone whose product we had there would be a big push to sell it.

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
that is very cool. My fav is still the black and white though.

jkes01

Reaction score
My first electric guitar, around 15 or so, was a red Mako Strat with a single humbucker. I immediately uncovered the humbucker got some white pinstripe tape and went to town.

Have these pics of a build someone did on CNC, can’t seem to find a build thread where I snagged them from so I can’t give credit. Would love to build one like this.

D8C6B914-A4E3-4544-83FB-E9E72CC51384.jpeg
DBEE6E06-8833-4985-A940-39874C986B8A.jpeg

Reactions: Who

Latest Threads