Everything G0 - Guitar Center Exclusive 1960 Reissue Les Paul

bonchie

Reaction score
He's right that early G0s didn't have bumblebee caps but that's about the only discrepancy.

And all G0s I've seen come with a COA including everyone I've owned.

Bluplirst

Reaction score
Fuck you and your troll shit. If you have one of these guitars call Gibson and ask them if they support it. Compare Gibson’s 60’s reissue for quality and price and compare it to the Guitar Centers Exclusive. You cannot have two 60’s reissues from two different companies because only ONE of the two is AUTHENTIC, and it sure as hell isn’t Guitar Centers. Why do you think no letter of authenticity comes with the guitar. Only Gibson owns the authentic RI dumb ass. I didn’t specify this guitar as a reissue to make people believe it was, GC did that. You’ll never find any info about this guitar by serial number because Gibson doesn’t support it. Guitar Center couldn’t tell much about it either. It is a nice guitar, but GC will not tell you that Gibson produced this guitar only for Guitar Center. Not sure if they are even production anymore. I do have two photos of both guitars.
Awesome job Billy! There are some bullies around here but you held your own. Let's see those photos you have!:naughty:

Pappy58

Reaction score
Noobie trolls digging up old bones to chew on. :facepalm: Not a great way to introduce yourself! :beer:

bonchie

Reaction score
Fuck you and your troll shit. If you have one of these guitars call Gibson and ask them if they support it. Compare Gibson’s 60’s reissue for quality and price and compare it to the Guitar Centers Exclusive. You cannot have two 60’s reissues from two different companies because only ONE of the two is AUTHENTIC, and it sure as hell isn’t Guitar Centers. Why do you think no letter of authenticity comes with the guitar. Only Gibson owns the authentic RI dumb ass. I didn’t specify this guitar as a reissue to make people believe it was, GC did that. You’ll never find any info about this guitar by serial number because Gibson doesn’t support it. Guitar Center couldn’t tell much about it either. It is a nice guitar, but GC will not tell you that Gibson produced this guitar only for Guitar Center. Not sure if they are even production anymore. I do have two photos of both guitars.

So much is false in that post that I'm gonna agree that you are just trolling. G0s have certificates of authenticity. I've owned 5. All 5 had them, including the older 2005 before they went to the book COA. They aren't made by two different companies. I have no idea what that even means. They are made in the custom shop just like any other Historic.

It's an R0 and it's stamped in the freaking cavity saying it is. Same everything as a regular R0 except the early ones had ceramic caps. They went to bumblebees in 2009 like the rest of the Historic line.

You are welcome to share the pictures to show how yours are so different.

Last edited:

bonchie

Reaction score
I don't know what's in your blurry, oversaturated pictures. Could be a perfectly fine Historic but noway to tell or compare.

I do know this thread is about the G0, which is absolutely a Historic 1960 RI, has a COA, and is made by Gibson.

The rest of your post is just more BS. Gibson's custom shop makes the G0 and it is stamped R0 in the control cavity. It's the same body, same appointments except some variations in caps and knobs. Period. End of story.

You can google "Gibson G0 certificate of authenticity" and see dozens of pictures of them with their COAs.

Whatever you claim GC sold you is between you and them.

Last edited:

Spot

Reaction score
a Cutlass and a 442 - 442 package has some different features but it's still made from the same frame and body as the Cutlass from the same shop by the same people.

...ok, was made....R.I.P. Oldsmobile

Spot

Reaction score
This is a stupid question but were all the GO's VOS?

Bluplirst

Reaction score
Are you telling me that you have a Guitar Center Gibson 60's RI EXCLUSIVE? If there were any of GC 60's RI produced AFTER my interaction with the Guitar Centers District Manager, the changes were most likely because of me pointing out the facts of their guitar not being of the actual specifications of a Gibson 60's RI. In one of GC online advertisemtns they described the 60's RI as an AUTHENTIC 60's RI which it is not. When I bought mine they couldn't even find the case for it. I asked for a letter of authenticity and they told me they must have lost it. I received no case candy either. If guitar center is making claim that their 60 RI EXCLUSIVE is an actual RI to the exact specifications you will have to explain why Gibson has one and it sells for $3,500. That means...that guitar center is claiming they are selling their 60 RI as an authentic 60's RI when Gibson would NOT allow that to happen. There is no way in hell that your GC RI is of the EXACT specification as the one Gibson is selling. AND your GC RI is NOT a HISTORIC. Try selling it as a Historic to someone who knows about this guitar. Like I said before, I like the first one that is the same color as Gibson's but I did not like being mislead by guitar center either. They are known all around to do that customers. I had even bought the Madi Gra guitar and they charged me for the damn case until I noticed it. It was overpriced in my opinion.

When I went to question GC about mine they had a Gibson original RI hanging on the wall. When I asked if mine had the same specifications as the Gibson on the wall they told me it was. It was not, and the district manager who I called could not defend himself with the information I called him out on. That is why I was offered the darkburst just to shut me up and not file a lawsuit. It was in no comparison to my first one.

Hi Billy! Those photos are awesome! Better than I could have even imagined!

Anyway, here is what happened. Your local guitar center probably just lost the case and the certificate. This happens a lot at guitar center due to the incompetance of some of their employees.

If your guitars serial numbers on the back of the headstocks start with "G0", they are authentic Historic Les Pauls made by the Gibson custom shop. These are the same as the regular 1960 reissue LP, but were a lower price because they only came in a couple finishes with mostly plain tops.

Best wishes to you and enjoy your guitars! Remember Billy, you're good enough, smart enough, and doggone it, have killer photoshop skillz!

bonchie

Reaction score
I do know exactly what you are saying and you are wrong. Period.

G0s come with COAs and warranty cards. They are built in the custom shop. The bodies are R0 bodies. The hardware is all Historic line except some early ones had ceramic caps. They have G0 serial numbers and are an exclusive run. They are absolutely supported by Gibson and acknowledged. If yours isnt maybe YOU got ripped, but the G0 line is 100% "authentic" and if yours isn't, then you don't have a G0.

You can argue with yourself from this point on.

Last edited:

RufusTelestrat

Reaction score
Another thread ruined because they have internet access in some prison libraries.
Thanks for the entertainment.
R

LtDave32

I'm walkin' on sunshine
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

*Mod Note*; Billy E. Brown is banned until he reads the rules and posts accordingly.

Got that, Billy? We don't go politcal here. Nor do we tell members to "F off".

BTW, it's "Riddance", not "Riddens".

Thunder Dump

That tickles
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Billy, these guys are pulling your leg. Don't listen to them. Guitar Center did release a 1960 Reissue Exclusive, but if you call Gibson they won't acknowledge its existence because Guitar Center's RIs have "Exclusive" tone. That tone is exclusively exclusive to Guitar Center's 1960 RI Exclusive. Gibson tries to charge you an extra $3000 for non-exclusive tone. Luckily, you figured that out all on your own. Exclusively.

Pappy58

Reaction score
Nest time you want to make a comment about me how about spelling newbie correct. OK noobie,will do! :fingersx:

Looks like you're playing one of those Guitar Center 60's Reissues that Gibson doesn't support. Incorrect, it is an authentic reissue. No fakes like yours here! :applause:

When were you released from prison. You look like you completed a life sentence. I just graduated Faber! Does that count?

Big boy Senior Member; I am sooooooooo impressed. :run::Ohno:

Which means I didn't come in showing my azz as a newbie and getting myself booted! :dunno:

Nest time you want to make a comment about me how about spelling newbie correct. OK noobie, Nest time will do! :fingersx:

Looks like you're playing one of those Guitar Center 60's Reissues that Gibson doesn't support. Incorrect, it is an authentic reissue. No fakes like yours here! :applause:

When were you released from prison. You look like you completed a life sentence. I just graduated Faber! Does that count?

Big boy Senior Member; I am sooooooooo impressed. :run::Ohno:

Which means I didn't come in showing my azz as a newbie and getting myself booted!:dunno:

Back to my odds: How long before that bracelet becomes permanent. :cool2:

Latest Threads