Everyone gaze in awe at my new paperweight!!!

Juan Tumani

Reaction score
In 2020 I traded some unneeded items for this,
IMG_20221005_213034351.jpg

A Mod Duo from Mod Devices. At the time I didn't really have a need for it but could see how it could come in handy. I goofed around on it for about a week and set it aside for later.

Well...... it's later. At this point I have a newer laptop and have been trying to connect to the unit for a few days. Turns out Mod Devices has gone bankrupt and there is no support (I know of) for their products. If they would've had an actual downloadable interface is be fine, bit they used their site to control/edit the device so even though it's in perfect condition, it's garbage.

Yay!

Anyone know any way to still connect this thing to my computer?

Juan Tumani

Reaction score
The unit you have is not shown as available, but there is a manual

Mod Duo manual
Like the troubleshooting link in the Mod Devices site, the manual is also on a wiki page.

The unit itself works but the way to create a pedal board is via their interface on their site. When you go to the provided link for that I just get
Screenshot_20221006-061228-958.png

efstop

rude and low IQ'd
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you see the actual wiki like this?
Did you connect to your PC with the square USB connector as in the manual?
The device does not need the web to operate, the manual states it will work as a standalone. But yeah, there's no connection to the plugins.

Want a useless Line6 TonePort UX2 to go with it? :laugh2:

mod-duo.jpg

Last edited:

Juan Tumani

Reaction score
Do you see the actual wiki like this?
Did you connect to your PC with the square USB connector as in the manual?
The device does not need the web to operate, the manual states it will work as a standalone. But yeah, there's no connection to the plugins.

Want a useless Line6 TonePort UX2 to go with it? :laugh2:

View attachment 640679
Yes. This is the site. It will operate as a stand alone unit but parameter editing and pedal board/patch creating are best done on the computer.
Screenshot_20221006-115546-428.png

You can do this with the provided USB cable (or use a USB Bluetooth dongle) and going to the address provided on the site.
Screenshot_20221006-115643-099.png

I've tried both ways and the page can no longer be found.

A quick Google search shows the company went belly up recently and I guess now there's nothing.

PS. I also have a Line 6 UX2 I've never used. Lol.

Juan Tumani

Reaction score
But what operating system is on your old laptop?
I pulled out the old one yesterday. I had given it to my daughter who wiped it so any drivers that might have been there are gone. I didn't pay attention to which Windows version it has but it's safe to say it's not newer than 10.

In any case it was no dice with the old laptop either.

Edit. Old PC is running Windows 10 Pro.

Last edited:

Latest Threads