everybody keeps askin' about tone...

oldaxeman

Reaction score
There was a thread not to long ago that had a good suggestion, how about our own tone? Instead of I want Slash's tone, or who ever's tone. Use who ever your favorite player is to inspire you to create your own tone. Just a thought.
Maybe I should whisper but, uh I wonder who's "tone" the big dawgs were after when they created their own "tone"? I would be willing to bet they experimented with tons of gear and found something unique and pleasing to themselves and their bands. So with all the gear that is out there in this day and time could there be endless possibilities for great sounds without trying to duplicate someone's tone? Just a thought.

LongBeach

Reaction score
if your looking for "that" tone.
stuff your pockets full of tin-foil.

by the way, NICE RIG!

Jon Rambo

Reaction score
Gibby LP Classic + Wah + Fulldrive Mosfet + JCM 800 2003 = awesome tone for me. Really don't use the wah much though. Throw a delay or something in there sometimes.

ces

Reaction score
There was a thread not to long ago that had a good suggestion, how about our own tone? Instead of I want Slash's tone, or who ever's tone. Use who ever your favorite player is to inspire you to create your own tone. Just a thought.
my whole post was about my tone or a tone that was coming out of this newly acquired rig. i was tipping my hat to hammett to say this amp sounds really heavy, kinda like some good ol metallica

Most guitar players are never satisfied with their own tone. I for one change my mind right when I think I have it nailed down. It's all about evolving.

Beside, my tone doesn't count. I do not peddle my wares for a living nor did I post a thread insisting my tone was the sh*t.

So as a fan of music, I think wah wah wah Hammett's tone is ok, his playing is just extremely predictable. Many others are too, but change it up a little Kirk! Leave the wah pedal at home for one tour.....I dare you!
im not peddling my wares for a living either, if you cant have fun with your gear on a gear forum then whats a gear forum for?

and i dont want to hear you whine like a b**** just bcuz i mentioned KH in a thread...

youre right bro, KH sucks and you rule.
so wheres your hit records? oh how predictable.

now i know what youre NOT going to play next... a hit.

ces

Reaction score
Maybe I should whisper but, uh I wonder who's "tone" the big dawgs were after when they created their own "tone"? I would be willing to bet they experimented with tons of gear and found something unique and pleasing to themselves and their bands. So with all the gear that is out there in this day and time could there be endless possibilities for great sounds without trying to duplicate someone's tone? Just a thought.
This place is going downhill.

Music page of REASON FOR BEING - MP3 music page on SoundClick

rough mixes, just messing around. not much of a live musician. still working on it...

ehamady6

Reaction score
I go for a Cannibal Corpse tone which I can get by playing my ebony Custom through my BOSS GT-10's "BROKEN DIME" patch (Dimebag's "I'm Broken" tone) into my Marshall JCM2000 TSL100's crunch channel. I can just stomp on my MXR 10-band EQ and get Randy Rhoads' Crazy Train tone which I love.

Latest Threads