Every afternoon, the squirrel starts barking...

Gfunk_Minor

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I can say is you guys that like squirrels must live in an alternate reality....
Or where you are they are a different breed. Here is Texas (I know don't shoot) they chew on the soffit of the houses and get in the attics. I have fixed three holes in my attic in the past 5 years. I guess that explains why they are the only animal with a year round bag limit. Shoot THEM while you got 'em.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
All I can say is you guys that like squirrels must live in an alternate reality....
Or where you are they are a different breed. Here is Texas (I know don't shoot) they chew on the soffit of the houses and get in the attics. I have fixed three holes in my attic in the past 5 years. I guess that explains why they are the only animal with a year round bag limit. Shoot THEM while you got 'em.
Gfunk,you have MEAN ones,Texas breeds MEAN, like Terry Funk,Philly squirrels talk tough,they would rather lick frogs and get high. Our squirrels wave to me,nice kids.

Gfunk_Minor

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gfunk,you have MEAN ones,Texas breeds MEAN, like Terry Funk,Philly squirrels talk tough,they would rather lick frogs and get high. Our squirrels wave to me,nice kids.
Funny thing is, all the "experts" tell you, make sure you don't fix the hole until you are sure the critter is out of the attic.
You think they cause damage trying to get in? They will REALLY "F" your stuff up trying to get out.

And, nothing says lovin like your wife waking you up in the middle of the night wondering what that chewing sound is that's coming from the attic....

Olds442

Reaction score
Funny thing is, all the "experts" tell you, make sure you don't fix the hole until you are sure the critter is out of the attic.
You think they cause damage trying to get in? They will REALLY "F" your stuff up trying to get out.

And, nothing says lovin like your wife waking you up in the middle of the night wondering what that chewing sound is that's coming from the attic....
up here it's the racoons that invade attics.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
If I come back as a friggin' squirrel shoot me.
pnug, you say that now.....I've been to the other side- -------I wanted BACK<Purgatory or BUST- DEATH is boring, until you ascend- I keep "mucking it up" getting sent back-this time? I think I got it right..........

Sp8ctre

Reaction score
Spectre, I'm a Jainist at heart, I only kill parasites-when I cut the grass I try REALLY hard not to run over bees. I value the living-do my "pleasures" justify blood-letting? I try to put myself in the creature's mind------running+playing then DEATH---why? I was just doing what I do?
I can understand that, my dad has become the same way in his older years. I just find the destruction hard to deal with and the trap and release has not worked out for me...I could live with the squirrels IF I could find a way to keep them out of my Almond tree. The pigeons, I just can't deal with the mess they make.

'Hege

Reaction score
I have a group that lives nearby.
Pretty well behaved, apparently unlike those Texas squirrels.
They stash peanuts around the yard in my potted plants, and I'll get the occasional peanut plant growing if they forget one.

The Hawks keep the population down quite well here. They're not plentiful, like your normal roof rats.

Rose and Birdie checking out the action.
IMG_3806.JPG

sonar1

Reaction score
This is the oldest, rattiest-lookin’ one that comes for water and peanuts.
920485ED-53F2-4F98-93A3-ABA28EA0BF64.jpeg

My son-in-law dispenses lead pellets at the black ground squirrels. Or the boxers get ‘em.

Kind of a mixed political household

MikeyTheCat

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
It started around 4 or 4:30pm, every night. It goes until dark.

It's home is in that tree, he's safe from the dog up there. But he just bitches up a storm every evening.

I usually just turn the music up.

Not the Friday thread I was expecting from the title.

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I will never forget the squirrel that got into my chimney. When I started the first fire of the year in my fireplace the blaze was going nicely at first and BAM! a squirrel fell right into the fire. It ran around in the fireplace like a maniac while my mind absorbed what I was looking at. I pulled back the grate and the damn thing shot out of the fireplace, half his side smoldering black....ran everywhere in the house in a panic. Finally got out in the snow....I opened every door as I chased him around the house trying to coral him out. I saw him for a while after that....big black scar on his side. Poor bastard.

Latest Threads