Ever Have a Horrible Rock and Roll Related Dream?

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Cause I did a couple of nights ago.

In it, I stumbled across the 1970's era members of KISS in full regalia, and they had a huge crowd of mostly male fans.

While I watched, they kept grabbing fans up, and screaming (Mostly Paul Stanley in his patented "Hello Detroit!" voice) "First we're going to **** you, then we're going to eat you!"

:shock:

In the dram, I decided that was my cue to head on down the road.

Anyone ever have any dreams involving rock bands/stars?

Now I guess I'll go listen to "Detroit Rock City", and try to forget the activities of "Dream Kiss". :laugh2:

EasyAce

Reaction score

In it, I stumbled across the 1970's era members of KISS in full regalia, and they had a huge crowd of mostly male fans.

While I watched, they kept grabbing fans up, and screaming (Mostly Paul Stanley in his patented "Hello Detroit!" voice) "First we're going to **** you, then we're going to eat you!"

Who's to say they didn't actually do that once or twice in those years? This is Kiss we're talking about, they were never exactly the Charles Boyers of music . . . though if they did do anything like that, I'd be betting it would have been Gene Simmons threatening to [email protected] them and eat them and Paul Stanley hollering, "Shuddup, Gene!!!!" and trying futilely to convince the crowd Simmons was only kidding . . .

Skintaster

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Who's to say they didn't actually do that once or twice in those years? This is Kiss we're talking about, they were never exactly the Charles Boyers of music . . . though if they did do anything like that, I'd be betting it would have been Gene Simmons threatening to [email protected] them and eat them and Paul Stanley hollering, "Shuddup, Gene!!!!" and trying futilely to convince the crowd Simmons was only kidding . . .

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

crawlingkingsnake

Reaction score
I had a dream that include Joan Jett and Grace Slick. Everything was going good then the scariest part happened. It fvcking ended. Was a bummer...

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
Not involving other acts, but I've had dreams where I'm up on stage and realize I'm nekkid.

Publius pro tem

Reaction score
Re: Ever Have a Horrible Rock and Roll Related Dream?

Strangely yes - and only recently.

Not much detail, but the premise was basically this;

My band (though I do not have one) had the middle slot of a show.
We were opening for some BIG (but unidentified) rock band for whom I had immense respect.
But before our scheduled set, there was a young and sloppy opening band with a bad reputation.
They had a renowned habit of civil disobedience, not to mention drug use and lapses in potty-training.

(That's rock and roll, eh?)

All the anticipation during the day was killing me.
I had a chance to speak with a few friends and relatives who had come out to see us.

The BIG band had done their sound check while we were not allowed to be there. (????)

After the sound check, we were allowed to load our gear onstage in front of theirs.
Just before the show too - no time to spare.
Our allotted space was not very big, and we were told not to touch a damned thing.

Okay, we set up and just checked to see that everything functioned - didn't play anything at all to warm up.

We were then told to GTFO so the first band of Axl Rose/Iggy Pop wannabees could set their stuff up.
They started moving all our sh!t around, spilling beer on everything, tripping on OUR wires.
One of them laid a burning cigarette on top of my old Fender Quad Reverb that was melting the Tolex.
As the smoke was rising, I was about to walk over and choke the little [email protected]

Then the lights come on and the show begins with a roar from the crowd.
Too late now.
I'm looking at all my guitars shoved outta the way, my amps hosting beverages and smokes.

And I KNOW my set has to fly - especially with these miscreant [email protected] opening for us.

That's pretty much it.

Job-Job type Job

Reaction score
In the dram, I decided that was my cue to head on down the road...

There's your problem right there! :cool:

Haggis-and-a-wee-dram.jpg

I have had dreams of hanging out with Metallica at least twice. They were those kind of dreams that felt very real, too. ????

Electroman67

Reaction score
Many years ago when i hired my guitar teacher /luthier to play 2nd lead in my original band for a local year of booking,i dreamed i was behind him on the road,both of us on motorcycles <he never rode> i had a bike at the time,and i watched him go in the woods on a corner by my parents house and kill himself,i told him about it.It was one of those dreams when ya gotta shake it off to realize if it was just a dream.

LesAdrian

Reaction score
I had a dream where i was the Whitesnake's guitarist and when i woke up i said:
A dream...not again:(

Nicky

On The Road Less Traveled
Reaction score
I used to often dream that when the curtain opened, I couldn't remember the lyrics or any of the music...pretty typical performance anxiety nightmare.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Now I guess I'll go listen to "Detroit Rock City", and try to forget the activities of "Dream Kiss". :laugh2:

You see people! This is what happens when people post that 'I was made for loving you' song by KISS. Bad things happen,....bad things!

I dreamed once I was hanging out with James Hetfield fishing and drinking beer, and he asked me if I wanted Kirks spot because Kirk wanted to retire from the road. I got so excited I woke myself up. :laugh2:

GuitarToneFreak

Reaction score

:eek2:

*Cancels KISS tickets*

:D

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I once had a dream in which I encountered David Lee Roth in the ruins of the Landmark Theatre in Syracuse, New York. Strange, tho, that this particular theater is well preserved and is used as a venue for rock shows unto this very day...

Anyway, DLR got mad at me after I told him that I liked Van Halen, but that he was my least favorite member of the group; he got so mad, in fact, that he turned into a werewolf kind of thing, but with reptilian eyes. I had to fight him, and ended up driving him off by repeatedly hitting him with the trunk of a dead tree that had once grown to fullness and then died in the ruins of what was once the general seating area.

It ain't R&R, but I also had an even worse dream in which Carol Burnett had given me a lift in her car, and then started coming on to me. And when I turned her down, she turned into a werewolf-thing too. We started fighting, and the car went off the road, flipped, and then went into the Oswego River.

And then the tentacles came...

Really! I told Lyrica about both dreams some time ago-- you can ask her!

--R

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Don't listen to River,...tell me more about the tentacles, hahahaha.

ptate

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Just last night....Then I got up and read this thread title...... Spooky; very "You enter a door, but it's not really a door, it's a large lizard with no mouth..." etc. [Twilight Zone reference for those too young].

The dream was set in the 80's hair metal era around Manchester, UK (which I was a part of) and I was all tarted up; skin-tight black jeans, leather, long hair, cowboy boots etc.. Just hanging around dingy clubs, sitting in friends squalid, stinking houses, getting drunk all the time, watching MTV and pretending we had anything at all in common with our LA/Strip/Crue wannabe's in band videos. Generally dragging my arse around, broke and bored in the overcast, dingy north-west - waiting for the night, so I could get drunk and pretend to be a rockstar again.

It was just overcast, dirty and depressing...Just imagine getting on a double decker bus, dressed like a rockstar, heading out to the pub at 9:00pm in the UK to meet your friends, act like you're in LA, get rat-arsed and fall asleep somewhere - usually someone's sticky, motheaten carpet or the highway..! Get up and start again...... Ho hum...

The stark reality of those days really for a lot of hair-metallers in the UK...!!

Peace....:thumb:

Kamen_Kaiju

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Just last night....Then I got up and read this thread title...... Spooky; very "You enter a door, but it's not really a door, it's a large lizard with no mouth..." etc. [Twilight Zone reference for those too young].

The dream was set in the 80's hair metal era around Manchester, UK (which I was a part of) and I was all tarted up; skin-tight black jeans, leather, long hair, cowboy boots etc.. Just hanging around dingy clubs, sitting in friends squalid, stinking houses, getting drunk all the time, watching MTV and pretending we had anything at all in common with our LA/Strip/Crue wannabe's in band videos. Generally dragging my arse around, broke and bored in the overcast, dingy north-west - waiting for the night, so I could get drunk and pretend to be a rockstar again.

It was just overcast, dirty and depressing...Just imagine getting on a double decker bus, dressed like a rockstar, heading out to the pub at 9:00pm in the UK to meet your friends, act like you're in LA, get rat-arsed and fall asleep somewhere - usually someone's sticky, motheaten carpet or the highway..! Get up and start again...... Ho hum...

The stark reality of those days really for a lot of hair-metallers in the UK...!!

Peace....:thumb:

Except for the LA references, that's exactly what it's like bumming around playing blues in the states.

Maybe it's just a guitarist thing.

442 SLASH

Reaction score
Yeah Axle Rose admitted it was his fault GNR broke up. The appocalyps happened right after the words left his mouth :shock:

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You need help.

Why do you think I post here, buddy? :laugh2:

Don't listen to River,...tell me more about the tentacles, hahahaha.

Well, once the car plunked into the river, these tentacles came up to snag me. So I swam downward, kind of ripping into them, and I kept going deeper and deeper, and they kept getting bigger and bigger... but I knew that I hadn't yet reached the heart of the beast.

Then I realized that there was no end to it... no winning this fight at all... and so I turned around and went back towards the surface, still fighting the entire way. And then I broke the surface, and flew into the sky. That's how I finally got away.

It was like the five of wands from a tarot deck... just way more complicated. But I think the dream meant the same thing: that there's a certain futility in fighting... that sooner or later, it just turns into one big, worthless free for all and nothing good comes of it.

Took me most of twenty years to realize this about that particular dream. C. G. Jung would have been mighty pleased.

--R :)

Latest Threads