Ever flip your car over?

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't hate it, but even though it's really cool it would draw WAY too much attention to ever drive it.

LocoTex

Reaction score
The car was upside down when I got here

Last edited:

sonar1

Reaction score
Flipped my first car, and old used Volvo (sorta top heavy, as it turned out), on ice.
Couldn’t believe all the dust and dirt from under the floor mats when I went upside down!
Good triangular belts and car structure saved me.
Put it back on the road. Wasn’t pretty, but it was tough.

Crotch

Triggered
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
In high school my friend drove a Renault Alliance. We used to pick up the back end and move it over sideways to have it take up 2 spots. Did it at least 100 times. Took about 4 people. What a piece of shit those were.

DavGrape

Reaction score
Freeway center dividers and SUV's.... hooo there's a bunch of those videos.

sonar1

Reaction score
In high school my friend drove a Renault Alliance. We used to pick up the back end and move it over sideways to have it take up 2 spots. Did it at least 100 times. Took about 4 people. What a piece of shit those were.
My wife and I had one. TPOS!
The brake light switch fell out from under the dash as we drove it off the lot brand new!
It continued to be a problem car until we offed it quick and took a bath on it.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I rolled a Jeep CJ7 in a field, once. I'd rather not do that (roll a car) ever again.

redcoats1976

Reaction score
rolled a toyota corolla back in the 1970s.brakes failed and there was an s-curve in the road.spun,hit the side of the road and rolled 3 times off into the woods.pretty scary shit...

• Wow
Reactions: Who

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
1974 I shot off the road at about 95 MPH. Flipped a 1969 Oldsmobile Delta 88 5 times while I hung out the passengers side window from my waist up. I was driving, my buddy got thrown onto the floor and he grabbed my legs as I flew by him. He hung on to me as the car barrel rolled while shooting through the woods knocking down about 200 feet of trees. I was hurt pretty bad my buddy only had bruised ribs from the hump in the middle of the floor. Yup I've flipped a car.

Last edited:

fett

Get fett. It pays.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The same 1963 VW bug on two occasions. It was my parents.

PapaSquash

Reaction score
I was a passenger in a Chrysler Imperial that went up on its side before falling back down on the suspension. Miraculously the window on my side didn't shatter as that was all there was between me and the pavement for a long moment. Nobody was badly hurt.

KTM

Reaction score
I haven't rolled a vehicle, but I did tip my old 2001 Isuzu Rodeo onto its side after hitting a patch of ice. It was less than a month old and didn't even have the plates on it yet! I was only going around 30mph. It was repaired and I drove it until 2016 when I sold it. It had just shy of 200,000 miles on it. I had the body shop paint it all white rather than the white over gray.

Rodeo_01.jpg

Rodeo_02.jpg

I liked that 2001 Rodeo so much that I sought out a low mileage one, took me a couple of years but I found one in 2016, which is why I sold my "old" one. Both have manual transmissions. The "new" one only had 73K on it though it's up to 93K now. I didn't specifically look for another white one but that's what I found. The "new" one is on the left "old" one on the right:

2 Rodeos_01a.jpg

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I was about 20 years old. I was going home with my girlfriend, she was driving her car. February night after my gig, cold as hell and lots of snow. We decided to go through the McDonald's drive through for some late night food. As soon as we pulled out of the drive through she lost control of the car, hit a big snow embankment on the other side of the street which caused her little POS car (Dodge Omni I think it was) to flip over.
All I remember was my first reaction ...I was pissed.....fries went flying, cokes spilled, food everywhere....and I hadn't had a chance to even scarf one fry down yet.

Latest Threads