Ever feel like you are "there" with LPs and guitars in general?

DFI9

Reaction score
I’m “there” with amps...
Guitars? Not yet.

Benniator

Reaction score
I’m pretty set with guitars. I’ve got a terrific LP Standard and Martin acoustic, plus a very nice Epiphone LP Custom. I might get a Gibson ES-335, but that’ll be when (if?) the pandemic ends.

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
I've decided I want to cut back on the guitars and focus more on the playing.
I want to limit my collection to:
1x modern output humbucker guitar (Gibson Les Paul Custom) Done
1x paf guitar (Gibson ES335) Work in progress, just a husk at the moment.
1x p90 guitar (Gibson SG with p94) Probably needs to go
1x true single coil guitar (1976 Greco Stratocaster) Needs a refret first to decide if it's a keeper or not
Between brackets is what I have right now
Everything else has to go, and from then on, one in is one out.
I'm not quite there yet as each guitar has some stuff I'm not really happy with still, but I've never been closer to "being there". It took me like 10 years to know what I want and need from a guitar, and what I don't.

Stringhobbyist03

Reaction score
I felt I was pretty well covered and didn't need anymore. Then the singer in my band (he plays rhythm) wanted a specific model Les Paul, so I've been trying to help him hunt one down. In the process of doing that, I came across a Les Paul that was just crying out to me. I had to buy it. It's all my singer's fault! LOL

jaycoyoyo

I would rather be playing guitar.
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a wide variety of guitars that all play and sound different - different woods, pickups, scale lengths, electronics, etc. It's possible that I might tone chase in the future to try and find something specific, but at the moment I am very happy with my current collection and don't have any reason to acquire anything more.

-Jay

mudface

Boo Bee
Premium Member
Reaction score
If i start thinking semi-hollow or hollow bodies ,..... and acoustics,...... i'm definitely NOT there yet.

dc007

Premium Member
Reaction score
Wanting a junior but been satisfied since 2013 after the purchase of my Shanks......

afireinside

Reaction score
Im trying to reduce (again) and focus on playing (not setting up/adjusting/selling/buying/resetting up, storing cases) more guitars.

Im trying to get it down to 2 of each type.

As for strats (i have x5, G&L legacy deluxe keeper, 2011 USA standard keeper, 60s CV Squier, 50s parts caster, 1996 squier pro tone)

Les Pauls, i have x4 2020 50s standard keeper, 2014 Traditional likely going back, 2016 traditional keeper. a agile 3100 LP copy

Teles im set on my G&L ASAT deluxe and 2003 ASAT bluesboy semihollow.

Then a Gibson 335, SG, Midtown Custom, MIM Jazzmaster, Squier Jazzmaster baritone, Squier Jaguar, 2 seagull acoustics vintage, 7 basses.......

Again its overwhelming thinking about it all way too much....

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Yeah Id like to get a vintage Musicmaster or Duo Sonic and a Gibson or Martin acoustic Ill never pass up a freebie though! :rofl: but yeah close to done.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
Im trying to reduce (again) and focus on playing (not setting up/adjusting/selling/buying/resetting up, storing cases) more guitars.

Im trying to get it down to 2 of each type.
That's also my goal.

Two solidbody humbucker
Two solidbody P90
Two solidbody single coil
Two Telecasters because Tele
Two semi-hollow humbucker
Two semi-hollow P90
Two full hollow jazz box
;)

Latest Threads