European Bonamassa LP Supply

JayPDizzle

Reaction score
Hey guys. Has anyone heard any info on why it's taking so long for the Bonamassa Black Beauty Les Pauls to hit Europe/UK?

Andertons were expecting to receive them yesterday, but it has been pushed back until next Monday. I did see somewhere, and I can't remember where, that the European shipment was damaged somewhere along the way.

cerasgrgag

Reaction score
Well it's on a boat from China, past South Africa and all the way up to European ports, then customs checks. I have one reserved and expecting it sometime in November, each retailer gives a different date. They just arrive when they arrive.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Sweetwater here is the USA has it listed as no longer available. Usually you see it listed as pre-order or more on the way, something along that line. But now they put the web page that states they are no longer available and the page is just listed as informational about the guitar they once sold. Very Weird indeed.

Wuuthrad

Reaction score
It’s a limited edtion that’s sold out for now. Pandemic is slowing down global industry. Spoke with retailer the other day in US after placing an order on October 11, they expect November or December shipment.

leifpaul

Reaction score
none coming to scandinavia, I was told yesterday

Sionyn

Reaction score
I'd like to know that too andertons on their website now says Januray 2021 though its my understanding the pre order emails stated 9 of November date i did see they had delivery of the prophesy series guitars today. Any one shed any light on the rumour European shipment was damaged on transit.

I wonder what that means for how many overall are left considering this is a limited run.

cerasgrgag

Reaction score
I'd like to know that too andertons on their website now says Januray 2021 though its my understanding the pre order emails stated 9 of November date i did see they had delivery of the prophesy series guitars today. Any one shed any light on the rumour European shipment was damaged on transit.

I wonder what that means for how many overall are left considering this is a limited run.

I noticed that too. Most sites suggested November as the delivery date. I am not sure whether they were damaged or all their stock was pre-ordered. Some places might only have had several in stock. They may have ordered more and the earliest is January. Late January is typically Winter NAMM where 2020 epiphones were unveiled. So unless they continue this next year I doubt you would get one.

Black Beauties were always part of Epiphone line ups years ago, I doubt this is the last time they ever do them.

JayPDizzle

Reaction score
Andertons now are saying it's due in next week. Must be something holding these up somewhere along the way because the other models are coming in okay.

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
E5D77763-889C-4573-9A8B-215097B3C0FE.jpeg

donthewatcher

Reaction score
Sweetwater here is the USA has it listed as no longer available. Usually you see it listed as pre-order or more on the way, something along that line. But now they put the web page that states they are no longer available and the page is just listed as informational about the guitar they once sold. Very Weird indeed.
i was trying to get one from Sam Ash in hollywood, but was told guitar was not available yet good luck maybe epiphone website..........

JayPDizzle

Reaction score
Was due in with Andertons from their supplier today, but no sign of it. I wonder has something actually happened to these guitars. I've specifically seen mentioned somewhere that Thomann's initial stock was damaged in transit. Andertons had said they were getting a batch of 8 guitars.
Could the first guitars to Europe have been damaged during shipping and that is causing the delay?

*puts tinfoil hat on*

Water damage? Stolen? Container fell off the ship and I need to go on a diving expedition in 50 years to find them?
Somali pirates hijacked the ship to steal the guitars and are working in cahoots with the guys that did the Gibson Adam Jones heist?

Vicar

Reaction score
I tried originally to order from Thomann who were really good and quickly responded saying that they had problems and that they had been told that their initial supply had been cancelled due to some damages during transportation.
I then ordered from GAK but can't get an update on when its likely to be in the UK despite many attempts so I think there is definitely a problem.
I am going to cancel my order and have a re-think - might go and get a Greco!

cybermgk

“Happiness is the most insidious prison of all"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The guitars have all been infected with COVID, so are being quarantined for 14 days

JayPDizzle

Reaction score
Got an update from Andertons. The supplier is not able to confirm when they will receive their order of these guitars. Something definitely must be up.

Maybe aliens have stolen them or something. It's conspiracy time.

Vicar

Reaction score
I can throw GAK into the mix with the same response!

JayPDizzle

Reaction score
Finally showed up. Should be with me early next week. Hopefully similar for you guys!

Geezer101

Reaction score
Got an update from Andertons. The supplier is not able to confirm when they will receive their order of these guitars. Something definitely must be up.

Maybe aliens have stolen them or something. It's conspiracy time.
No I just think it’s the way Gibson and Epi operate it was the same with the 59s

Latest Threads