Esp usa

BKS

Reaction score
:photos: or it did not happen... :dunno:

WhiskeyMike

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
My photo skills suck. That is the guitar. I bought it from Sweetwater, Ed Nystrom. They send a stack of pix when you buy from them. Would one of those do? Otherwise I will subject you all to the suck.

WhiskeyMike

Reaction score
I like it a lot. I even like the EMG's, they sound good. I had half expected to replace them with an EMG Hetset or maybe one of the newer ones. I have two guitars now with the Hets and like how they sound. The neck is thin, slick even though painted, and has perfect fret treatment imho. The guitar isn't too heavy, is chambered, but isn't too light. I can't weigh it at the moment, it is in the studio. When I first got it I couldn't put it down. Then arthritis kicked in so had to lay off for a bit. String height on this guitar is about .050 to the twelfth fret, .055 from thirteenth on up. No buzz anywhere right out of the case.

soliloquy

Reaction score
this fuels my eclipse gas even more!!!

really want the EII eclipse in snow white...but since i dont want to afford it, i may get the EC256 and mod the hell out of it

WhiskeyMike

Reaction score
There is a new EC model, LTD EC Arctic Metal, set through neck, single pickup, looks nice. See it on the ESP Ltd website, also Sweetwater has listings (but SW has none in stock, maybe too new). The color, the set through, and the single pickup make it kind of special. I have a ESP LTD EC-1000 ET, Koa body and top. The Evertune bridge turned out to be really nice. I had a bone nut installed and had it plek'ed at SW. Sweet guitar. My son has it now.

The same day I bought the ESP USA EC, I went nutz and bought an E-II M1 NT in black. Gotoh TOM bridge, neck through, string through body/neck, naked maple neck (bone nut, properly cut too) ebony fretboard, EMG 81 pup. Very nice guitar, not as perfect as the ESP USA but hey, less than half the price. I bought it to pair with a GK-3 into an SY-1000. Rabea's demo sold me on this setup. The GK-3 pickup proper mounts cleanly on the TOM, and the GK rest of it mounts above the body, secured to the strap nut. Image borrowed from ESP. No binding. I avoid binding when possible. Just me.

E-II M1 NT.png

Last edited:

WhiskeyMike

Reaction score
Thanks. I like the single pickup / TOM / neck through / string through body approach. Minimalist. Amazing neck. But I am cheating, and using it as a platform for the GK-3 Roland pickup. I hate drilling holes in a body if I can avoid it, and this is a very clean, no extra holes approach. I'll post pics when I get the pickup mounted. (Don't hold your breath.) Rabea Massad did a very decent demo of the pickup on a guitar combined with the SY-1000. I'll see if I can find a link. It is NOT easy to set up, lots and lots of tweaking in the SY. The smart approach would be to get a guitar with the GK-3 built in and already set up, but I am not that smart.

Rab playing around.

Last edited:

soliloquy

Reaction score
There is a new EC model, LTD EC Arctic Metal, set through neck, single pickup, looks nice. See it on the ESP Ltd website, also Sweetwater has listings (but SW has none in stock, maybe too new). The color, the set through, and the single pickup make it kind of special. I have a ESP LTD EC-1000 ET, Koa body and top. The Evertune bridge turned out to be really nice. I had a bone nut installed and had it plek'ed at SW. Sweet guitar. My son has it now.

The same day I bought the ESP USA EC, I went nutz and bought an E-II M1 NT in black. Gotoh TOM bridge, neck through, string through body/neck, naked maple neck (bone nut, properly cut too) ebony fretboard, EMG 81 pup. Very nice guitar, not as perfect as the ESP USA but hey, less than half the price. I bought it to pair with a GK-3 into an SY-1000. Rabea's demo sold me on this setup. The GK-3 pickup proper mounts cleanly on the TOM, and the GK rest of it mounts above the body, secured to the strap nut. Image borrowed from ESP. No binding. I avoid binding when possible. Just me.

View attachment 515711

between the arctic white and the NW-44, i rather go with the NW-44, even though it doesn't have stainless steel frets

vs

it does have ebony board, a brand name pickup, and binding too.

Though i dont like binding on most guitars, i think single cuts really benefit from bindings.
only difference is that the NW-44 is 25.5 in scale, which would help with the lower tunings too.

though i want to throw in white pickups, and the olympic white on the NW44 is not artic/snow/alpine white. So that may look odd...

and I dont know about the prices in the States, but in Canada, the price between a 1000 series LTD and a NEW E-ii is between $1-300. at that point, it makes little sense to get the LTD, even if it has the stainless steel frets.

Used is a different thing, where used, the LTD can be bought for about $1000-1500, where as the E-ii start at about $1400 used.

now finding a white used eclipse is a challenge as they aren't as popular when compared to the black counter parts

Last edited:

WhiskeyMike

Reaction score
This is on order. I am not that fond of the graphic but it should be a good guitar. Kirk Hammett KH-3 Spider Electric Guitar for 2021. Neck through!

Kalamazuu

Reaction score
That's cool, congrats. I didn't know they made Esps in the US honestly, I thought they were all made in Japan

WhiskeyMike

Reaction score
The ESP USA's are mainly made in USA, although I understand some are MIJ. The ESP Custom Shop ones are MIJ. The LTD's used to be mainly Korean, can't say anymore.
This one is a MIJ Custom Shop deal. (I went back and checked, SW listing says "KH-3 is handbuilt in ESP's Custom Shop in Japan"). They won't ship for months.

Latest Threads